software for folding?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gottgin, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Gottgin

Gottgin New Member

I know this sounds backwards. But is there a software that will take a scanned two dimensional part or two and fold it so I can see how they fit together?. I have access to several products but am not familiar enough with any of them to figure out how to make a part from a 2 d drawing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I seriously don't think such a program is available... Considering the software architecture needed to write it...
  4. Peter the Ingrate

Peter the Ingrate New Member

No, and some of the judgements required to interpret a 2D drawing are based on human experience and context. I won't say "never" but Lex's "architecture" would be very, very complex.

PS Would it be alright for me to have a sig saying I was a Tibet supporter?
  5. m10

m10 New Member

Hi, i don't know if this is what you're looking for, but there is an Adobe Illustrator plugin that does something similiar (Foldup3d). The model must be in vector, doesn't work with images.
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Changed my sig, sorry don't want this to escalate into political debate or anything. (It's a hobby forum after all) --Back on topic, I've never known foldup3d but looks like it's a very capable software!
  7. Peter the Ingrate

Peter the Ingrate New Member

Yeah right "make a part from a 2 d drawing" can have 2 meanings can't it.:cool:

PS Agreed Lex.:cool: