So how was every ones holiday weekend

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by kronos, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kronos

kronos Member

did every one enjoy the weekend I this says it all my sons first merry go round ride yes thats my ugly but with him
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nothing much for me really, I stayed in London testbuilding my new model, the massive downpour prevented me going anywhere...
  3. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Drove to Las Vegas and back. Great fun, hotter that the sun, but I am worn out now. Should have stayed home and just watched all the war movies on AMC.
  4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I just chilled out inside - too hot to do much outside and too dry to mow the lawn. I spent a lot of time working on Delta 7's Wally Schirra Sigma 7 capsule yesterday. It's going together very well. It was a lot of fun, but I wish I had finished it.
  5. kronos

kronos Member

I know about those NC summers to much time at Ft. Brag
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

It's already up to the high 80's/low 90's and hasn't rained in a few weeks. :-(
  7. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

The war movies were good. Tora Tora Tora is a great one.
    Trivia question here, who was the only actor in T T T who was actually at Pearl Harbor during the attack ?
  8. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

The best part of this Memorial Day for me was something that happened a week ago.

Three years or so ago, I was informed a trooper I trained and supervised during my one of my assignments, and a good friend, had been killed in Afghanistan. I mourned the loss of a friend, but knew the risk he faced as I faced the same during my career.

A week ago, I got an email from him...alive and well and living in San Antonio where I was a month ago. A mutual friend who I had mentioned his name to, passed on contact information for me to him.

It was a good day and made this Memorial Day a bit less painful.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Didn't get killed so I survived it.................MOST people in boats on a holiday are really really stupid. Well around here anyways.............. 1 killed hit a channel marker last night at 20:00.

Jason Robards was actually at Pearl Harbour Dec. 7, 1941
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Holiday weekend?

lol ... I think I had a few hours to myself this weekend. I have to replace a sensor in my car's motor to prevent it from over heating. I have not had time to do it and I am still having to drive it ... it's only a matter of time before the motor blows. Hope my work will replace it when it does because I will not be mobile.

So no weekend for me at all ... last 2 weeks. =\
  11. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Took the family down to Tennesse for the weekend. Had lots of fun at Dollywood, Splash Country, shopping, and lots of mini golf! The trip back home was terrible and what should have been a 10 hour drive turned into a 16 hour nightmare of traffic, bathroom stops, and an overly large helping from good ol Murphy.
    All in all a good weekend but man am I tired.
  12. bemma

bemma New Member

It's a little bit late but with all the yard work, bicycle rides with the family, etc, I was able to build this.

It's a copy I bought from PMI a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.