Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by mininote, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mininote

mininote Member

Expedition to the pole is a nice subject for kids dreams.
    Here's the snowcat from 1958 Belgian Antarctic expedition. The real thing can still be seen in Brussels museum beside a DHC Otter from the same event.

Attached Files:

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I remember these! They were used in all of the "polar" war movies.... like "Ice Station Zebra" and such. Neat model!

3. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Cool. Definitely icy cool. Snowcats, snow tractors, piston bullies, and rollogons is a great thing to model. A zambony might be fun too.

4. mininote

mininote Member

An other sowcat available

There's also a british expedition vehicle model. Same author, it is orange with a long nose. Can find it through - ...again!
  5. mininote

mininote Member

...Must be snowcat, not sowcat

...darn tabulator!
  6. David H

David H Member

Tucker Sno_cat

I loved it and went hunting... If Tintin didn't encounter onr then he should and, in my mind, has.

The first file was a bit odd. I had to print using the Adobe viewer in my browser.

I have made a start. :wink:
  7. mininote

mininote Member

sno-cat again

Here's pics about the other Tucker sno-cat model available, reduced to aprox. 1/72 scale...

By the way, many thanks to Gill for excellent thread:

I had forgotten those useful tools for long time, now I've bought some. No more headashe making tanks with numerous tiny wheels!

Attached Files: