Snow Damage

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by cidchase, Feb 18, 2003.

1. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

B&O Roundhouse Disaster

Wow! That looks like some pretty serious damage. Hope they can save most of whatever was inside.

Incidentally, I found the same links on another forum and could not follow them. Cybergremlins at work, I guess.
  3. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hope they are gonna fix it:)

It sure looks like a lot of damage:(
  4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Oh no..... What a mess.:( Lucky no one was hurt. Was it a museum "working" roundhouse? Or refurbed to house exhibits?
  5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

It's an old historic building and just houses exhibits. I don't know if they are moved in and out very often. Certainly not used for steaming and repairs.
    Really gorgeous old stuff in there, all the old B&O historical collection.
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

B&O RR Museum info

I went to the PA RR Museum ysterday, and they toldme the following:

The B&O is a non-profit self sufficient Museum, therefore they will have to finance any repairs in house or from donations

The entire roof may have to be replaced - not just the collapsed part.
  7. Peirce

Peirce Member

Even after this damage, the B&O Railroad Museum is, in my opinion, one of the finest museums of its type on the USA. They will recover. The details of their planning are already showing up on their web site. I just hope they can do it quiclkly enough to continuire their celebration of 175 years of American railroading.
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

As of 3-1-03 They are scheduling a press conference in mid March - They are going to be CLOSED until at least 1-1-04 - What is or is not cancelled or rescheduled remains to be seen :( :( :(

Truly a tragedy.. :(
  9. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Snow Damage - Follow Up

As of a couple of days ago, it was announced that the Fair of the Iron Horse, scheduled for this Summer has been CANCELLED. The NRHS Convention, scheduled for the July 4 weekend, is still ON. Although the Fair was to be a part of the Convention activities, other events are progressing as planned.