Sneaking Flights on Private Flying Fields..

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by Starguard, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starguard

Starguard Member

There is a certain R/C Flying field not too far from my house that's located in a Forest Preserve Area. If I took my planes there to fly when no one was around, would I be Wrong? Seeing that its located in a Forest Preserve area, I don't think that its privately owned, but there is a Flying Club that meets there yearly that (at present) I am not a member of... What do you all think? Should I chance it?
  2. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

I don't think it would be a problem. If there is something wrong with it I am sure that someone will come out and tell you. Watch out for the trees!
  3. bigsteam

bigsteam New Member

if the property is state or county owned then any club cannot tell you to leave, but, in some instances city,county or state owned flying fields still require membership in the A.M.A. for insurance purposes... are you not able to afford dues? do you not like the club members? why sneak around? isn't part of the fun of flying being with people of like mind? nothing like having buddies to help out in a jam or with that special part that keeps you in the air and not heading home... if your already and experienced flyer then by all means go have some fun... maybe sneaking around is your thing..just remember that when your alone on a flying field you really are probably alone... safety first always.. and tell someone where your going so they can come looking for you when fall out of the tree trying to get your plane out of the woods..
  4. Starguard

Starguard Member

I go to get my AMA license tomorrow[8D]
  5. SULLI

SULLI Member

i do it all the time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.