Smokin' Hot Scalpel

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by Fishcarver, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

.....well, not quite, but you"ll get the idea:

Check this link:

Look at the PENS and especially the TIPS (esp the round and square punches)

If you are looking for a red hot #11 blade, this is the place for you.

I use the Razertip system extensively in my woodcarving and hope to demonstrate its use in paper modelling in the very near future!

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Now that's an idea I wish I had come up with. Never buying blades.......I think I could get used to that. The only problem I see, for me anyway, would be space. How much space does the whole shebang take up on the desk?

3. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

The SK unit is about 6 inches square!
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ok FC lets see if I got this right..........

The unit aprox 115.00 usd and the pen are about 20.00 - 25.00 usd.

Steep but not too bad. You can chalk up a lot on knives and blades in a year and not realize it. Unless you drop the knife, and have to get it fixed this is all of the outlay. I would like to see how well it works first, how easy it is to use being attched by a cord. I know how my x-acto does.

Do they leave any burn/singe marks on the paper? I guess this would eliminate edge-coloring, all joints would have a dark ring.

5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

John: Fear not: this will not replace your trusty X-Acto knife. But it will cut cleanly in places that it's hard to do cleanly with a blade: like tire tread appliques, for instance. And you can vary the heat so as to leave little or no discolouration if that is what you desire! These tips are so fine and sharp that they will cut/burn over 100 lines to the inch (ON WOOD).