Small video of BLI loco pulling a freight, and a small to-do list

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ReefBlueCoupe, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

OK, here's a short video of my new BLI loco.. no layout yet, just set up a small track on the carpet for a few minutes to test out all my old stuff.

So far I need to:
    -Get metal wheels
    -Get a few new Kadee #5s
    -Make sure all couplers are at the correct height
    -Install DCC decoders in my old locos (Athearn GP9 and SW7) and in my new Athearn CSX SD60
    -Build a layout [​IMG]

Anyways, if you are curious, here is what the BLI C30-7 sounds like. I am testing it with my new Atlas DCC setup that I got for Christmas (loco was a Christmas present too).

Very mixed HO scale freight :)
    7.9mb file
  2. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

That was kewl. In don't have speakers at work but I liked the movie. Kinda like when I usta go train watching early in the morning.

Mark :)
  3. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

The video was made with an older 3.2mp digital camera, and with video set on the High Quality setting it only takes 15 second clips at a time. I had to set it the next level down so that's why the framerate is very low.

Get some speakers! You'll like it :D
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

OK, I was expecting to see your engine, and a heavy duty flat with about a reem of paper (small to-do list) on it. :D :D :D

Neat video! :thumb:
  5. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

I'd need a couple of G scale DD40's to haul around my to do list if it were all on paper [​IMG]
  6. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Great video, considering the limitations of your camera. The sound is great, too; and I like your broad selection of rolling stock.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Too cool! I didn't know you could capture sound with digital cameras. Anyway, I have to say that it's amazing just how good a train going by the camera looks. When it's moving it looks so much more 1:1 - nice! :thumb:

8. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

Most digital cameras made within the past few years indeed record sound and video. Newer ones will record a lot better quality video, and bigger too. Great for when you just want a short clip of something.
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great video!
    Love the sound!
    :thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
  10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Cool!!! Really great Stuff!!