Small video of BLI loco pulling a freight, and a small to-do list

ReefBlueCoupe

Dec 26, 2005
Nashville, TN
www.lxcoupe.com
OK, here's a short video of my new BLI loco.. no layout yet, just set up a small track on the carpet for a few minutes to test out all my old stuff.

So far I need to:
-Get metal wheels
-Get a few new Kadee #5s
-Make sure all couplers are at the correct height
-Install DCC decoders in my old locos (Athearn GP9 and SW7) and in my new Athearn CSX SD60
-Build a layout
lol.gif

Anyways, if you are curious, here is what the BLI C30-7 sounds like. I am testing it with my new Atlas DCC setup that I got for Christmas (loco was a Christmas present too).

Very mixed HO scale freight :)

www.lxcoupe.com/multimedia/train.mpg
7.9mb file

ReefBlueCoupe

Dec 26, 2005
Nashville, TN
www.lxcoupe.com
The video was made with an older 3.2mp digital camera, and with video set on the High Quality setting it only takes 15 second clips at a time. I had to set it the next level down so that's why the framerate is very low.

Get some speakers! You'll like it :D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Too cool! I didn't know you could capture sound with digital cameras. Anyway, I have to say that it's amazing just how good a train going by the camera looks. When it's moving it looks so much more 1:1 - nice! :thumb:

Val

ReefBlueCoupe

Dec 26, 2005
Nashville, TN
www.lxcoupe.com
spitfire said:
Too cool! I didn't know you could capture sound with digital cameras. Anyway, I have to say that it's amazing just how good a train going by the camera looks. When it's moving it looks so much more 1:1 - nice! :thumb:

Val
Most digital cameras made within the past few years indeed record sound and video. Newer ones will record a lot better quality video, and bigger too. Great for when you just want a short clip of something.