small puddles of water.

N

nachoman

My layout includes an ephemeral stream. Right now, it is just a sandy ditch, but I think I would like to place a few puddles of standing water. by "a few" I mean 3 or 4 shallow puddles, no more than 1-2 square inches a piece. I am looking for something to model this water, that I don't have to buy in large quantities, most of which I will never use. I was thinking maybe using some clear epoxy, the type that comes in the small tubes. Any thoughts on this?

kevin

belg

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/scenery/ballon_pond/
Is alink to Mr H Minky's site and seems very inexpesive, my other suggestion would be to try the expoy and a product called high gloss medium, pretty cheap and you can make several ponds/puddles by applying several thin coats to a prepainted surface, to create some depth. Look in the academy section for a how to on water. Pat

Relic

I have had good results using latex varethane for brooks, ponds etc.It doesn,t dry compleetly clear but I think the rusty shade is more realistic

N

nachoman

well, I tried the clear tube epoxy, and it seems to be too thick and did not settle down well. I know of a source of thinner epoxy that I may try, or possibly just some acrylic gloss medium, and just pour puddles in several coats.

kevin

hminky

Here is my metallic party balloon pond as Pat mentioned. This has been experimented upon with a thin wash of earth color to represent pond dust so is less reflective than originally.

pf_bushes.jpg

Harold