Small play in suspension joints...

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

I am rebuilding my car, and noticed some small jiggles in the axles when they are mounted to the suspension. Happens to both front and back. Is this normal? Do I have to fit all parts so they dont have any play at all? HELP!
  2. pimp

pimp Active Member

titen the turnbuckels,or what ever the knuckel is conected to tighten the screws that should fix your prob
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

like pimp said checkk all the screw to see if they are tight or not
  4. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

So is there supposed to be a lil jiggle in the parts or are they suppose to be solid?
  5. pimp

pimp Active Member

solid as can be unless u move it and u hear your servo gears no play at all
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

solid but they have to move freely.
  7. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

yep solid but they have to move freely through the whole travel of movement. If your car is set up right (i think you said you have an rs43 right?)
    with a slight toe out, 1deg
    -2 camber

slight toe in, 1 degree
    camber -3 deg

the pressures of the settings will actually preload that play and wont give you too much trouble, as long as it is very slight play and not the worn out parts kind of play. turning the turnbuckles until there is not play doesnt really do what you want because you are changing the settings when turning the turningbuckles. The rs4 3 doesnt really have a lot of parts that you can adjust to get rid of that play. It is just the way that car is and as it isnt a track racer, it doesnt really matter. hope that helps a bit just remember that with settings like i mentioned the play will be reduced under load when driving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.