small people

trainrobber

Jan 21, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
Visit site
Hello all. I've been viewing "the guage" now for a few months, primarily for the logging info. My focus has always been early 1900's through the forty's, mainly with logging though. I'd like to get some fresh faces (little plastic ones) on the scene and I'm always open for suggestions. Most of my figures are either from scalefigures.com, or Preiser. Does anyone have any favorite sites for getting figures that could be used in this era for around the mills or in the woods?

thanks much, Sean

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Sean, and welcome to the gauge.
Model Power does a complete range of figures for H0 & N-scaleI use them all the time. Some come painted and some don't.

Shamus

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
These are the model power unpainted:

LPB.jpg

You may recognise them if you are familiar with shamus's work. I think most of his are prepainted, but some of these are the same unpainted. If you heat them up you can bend them into little plastic loggers. I think Shamus uses hot water. These are very economical at $8 for the package of 72.

Preiser also has unpainted bulk packs, at a slightly higher price (about $25 for 140). Preiser also has several smaller sets, such as the cab and truck drivers for about $10.

I believe woodlans scenics and MP both have prepainted "loggers". Too bad my little plastic budget doesn't include enough money for a buck a figure.

LHS, 1st place, Walthers , or other mail order.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I don't have any logging scenes (yet :D ), but I do have a layout based on a 1930's mining theme...
I use Preiser unpainted figures, because they are very cheap, compared to the pre-painted ones, & I can paint them to look more authentic to the era...1930's Appalacjian miners aren't going to be too "flashy"...lots of homespun browns, blacks, grays, denim blue, etc...I weather everybody with black washes also, to tone it down even more...You can get these in all kinds of worman-like poses...here's a few of them sitting aroud the supply shed...

Attachments

• mvc-011f.jpg
    mvc-011f.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 228

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Ho Figures

Musket miniatures specializes in figures for wargaming, but have some awesome civilian models, including stuff for a track crew- everything from surveyors to spikers. enough stuff to make a 20 ft diorama. If I were building a new logging RR, and had room, there would be a branch under construction. it would look cool, and you could deliver loads of ties , rails, machinery. They may have some loggers as well Google them they have a website, and you will be awed!

Bill Nelson

Logging in Eastern Tn on the DG CC & W RR- check it out (not enough people yet!

STEAMON DEMON

Mar 14, 2009
I agree with Bill Nelson - Musket Minatures is a well kept secret - unbelieveable selection. I recently ordered $100 dollars worth of old & western stuff - great people to deal with.

Have fun at their web site.