Small HOn30 layout

Simplex

Jun 26, 2007
As I'm been moaned at for "lurking" I thought I'd post some details of my current layout.
Firstly the thinking behind it - we may well be moving in the fairly near future to be nearer daughter so filling my workshop with layout isn't really a good idea so I'm building a 4ft by 2ft 6in (approx) layout that can be expanded into the master plan when any move has taken place.
The track is laid and tested and the next stage is to build my Mark Rollins Climax so I can work out the necessary clearances for the scenery, tunnels etc. Further photos will follow but there will be delays as I've got a "Honey Do" decorating list to work through as well :violin1:

Railroad-1.jpg

Railroad_2.jpg

Railroad_3.jpg

Tim

N

nachoman

looks like a good start. What did you use for track and switches?

Kevin

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
That's cool! I just got my first HOn3 piece and I have been thinking about how small I can go to be able to operate it with some satisfaction.

Simplex

Jun 26, 2007
Track and switches are both Peco 009 and new - I find that second hand track causes more problems than the money it saves.

Tim

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
I take it from your name and avatar that you have a healthy interest in Simplex locomotives. Ever (scratch)built one? I'm in the process of making a couple, time permitting. If you'd be interested I might post a few pics.

Simplex

Jun 26, 2007
A quick update and explanation for my absence. Three months in hospital, still receiving treatment on a weekly basis, and a couple more months spent bedridden. However my beloved wife and daughter have now moved the layout into the back room (I can't manage stairs yet) so I've restarted modeling and will post some pictures as soon as the basic scenery is sorted.

Best wishes to all for Christmas and 2008balloon6

Tim

Simplex

Jun 26, 2007
Update

A quick update on "progress", such as it is. I'm still receiving hospital treatment once a week :curse: but am slowly managing to get the rough scenery laid out.
I should manage to get some pictures in the next four weeks but it will probably look a bit white! :winter1:

Tim

kiwioo9

Jan 2, 2009
Nice One Tim! Just the inspiration I need to do something similar..
Good luck health-wise.
George
in New Zealand

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
welcome George!

Tim, glad that you are able to get a little enjoyment out of your trains while you recover. Hope your back on your feet and free of medical necessity soon.