Small engine repair shop: go-kart

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Having been challenged to expand the repair inventory at Billy Ray's shop to include more than lawn mowers, I've come up with this. Your chain saws are next, Fred.

Using ladder stock, I started a frame...

Attachments

• cart1.JPG
    cart1.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 413

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Fantastic Shaygetz but we folks in the north don't bother with them roll bars. That's why we wear a helmet and have thick necks. Where do all them fire plugs come from EH! Been rading the municiple storage area?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I grew up without those rollbars myself. Guess Pop figgered my gourd would withstand any impact I could put it thru. I originally was going to build it w/o the bars, but the wheels scaled out too large for the old style we're used to but just right for the off roader types they put out nowadaze. The fireplugs came from a box lot I bought a while back---a whole sprue of then so I've got plenty to build more. A roto-tiller is next up, then I'll see about chainsaws, weed wackers and maybe a portable generator.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Here's Billy Ray outside of his shop. Now he's gonna hafta find bigger digs since he started working on go-karts.

The shed is another scratchbuild, using hand scribed sheet styrene normally used for pricing merchandise. The roof is 400 grit sandpaper, cut and notched into strips.

Attachments

• cart8.jpg
    cart8.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 388

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Fantastic work again,:thumb: you are something else Shaygetz, something else. I thought getting a decal on straight was an accomplishment.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks, guys. My head's so swoled up my poor beloved Miss M feels the need to knock it back into shape with a skillet.

Glen, the shed's your basic 8'x10'x8' from Builder's Square for $999. Well, I did lift it from the plans that came from the 1:1 scale model that I built sometime back...

Attachments

• shed1.JPG
    shed1.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 176

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
The trim is 1/16" Evergreen styrene. The window option came from a long forgotten N scale project. The skids are scale 2x6s set on edge. The overall dimensions are 1 1/8"w x1 3/8"h x1 1/8"t. The hip roof starts at the 4 scale foot mark, leans right or left 1 foot to the 7 foot height then leans to the center 8 foot mark. The doors are 3'x6'. Hope that helps.

BTW Brian, decals and dry transfers terrify me ;)

Attachments

• shed2.JPG
    shed2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 176