Slipper clutch

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Drzoidberg, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drzoidberg

Drzoidberg New Member

Hello all,

Apologies if this question has been answered before but I am new to this hobby and am keen to learn everything I can about RC engines.

I have an HPI Savage SS and just built it the other day. Before I ran it I took it to the hobby shop for a once over and they broke it in and tuned it nicely. Took it home and ran a couple of tanks through it until something happened.

Here is what happened:

The engine was still running
    The cog on the slipper clutch was spinning but the truck was not moving.

I assumed that there was a problem with the slipper clutch and took it home to retension it. I tightened the slipper clutch a little and then tried my truck again. This time it had movement. However even when idling it want to move forwad a little. Is this normal?

Also I have now noticed that my acceleration isnt too great and thetruck starts off quite slowly and possibly doesnt reach full speed.

What are the areas of attention? Please any informayion wuld be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Ok for the truck to keep moveing when its at idle means the idle is set to high so you need to turn down the idle which is alittle screw on the carb. From the sound ofit takeing off really slow could be because it is running really rich whould make it take awhile to get up to speed. Try leaning the engine out alittle at 1/16th a turn and see if that does anything.

BTW: Welcome to the board!
  3. Drzoidberg

Drzoidberg New Member

Thanks for that I will try it out and let you know what happens.

Cheers
  4. digdug72

digdug72 Member

Yes basically what DJ said!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.