Slightly OT... Need help from anyone living in the US...

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I've been looking for a copy of Discovery Channel's documentary about Scaled's Tier One project... but to no avail...

And just recently, I asked my father to look for it during his 6-day visit in Texas for his scheduled flight simulator refresher training... but he also wasn't able to find it...

I need help from anyone living in the US to purchase the DVD set from Discovery's online shop for me... for anyone interested, please send me a PM...

I'll be providing my credit card number so that the expenses would be charged to me, including shipping expenses to our country (I'll also provide our home address for the shipping)...

Discovery's online store only allows transactions to customers living in North America, that's why I can't make the purchase alone... :cry:
  2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Will the US DVD work for you in the Philippines? I know there's something about "regions". Just a thought.
  3. Hans Christian

Yes the DVD region is an issue... I think that's why discovery doesn't sell their copies here...

But I do have a region 1 DVD player here, and some of my DVDs are encoded for region 1... :-D
  4. Hans Christian

anyone? :-D
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

6. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hey there

I literally saw that DVD in an Airport Shop last week in NYC on my way here to see STS-120 (Magnificent sight..a shuttle launch from 5 miles to the Pad is not a sight, it is an experience that will punish your ear drums when the booster noise rolls in...but anyway...)

I will be trying to pick it up on my way back to Ireland next week so give me a few days and I will see what I can do

Why did I pass it up....I know I wanted the damn thing but I still shelved it and walked off....

John John
  7. Hans Christian

Sir John, pls fetch me a copy too!!! Just inform me of ways to send payment to you sir!!! :-D

to sir cgutzmer, the reason I didn't consider e-bay is that prices may go up to a point that I can't afford it anymore, plus they sell the two parts separately, and I really need the 2 parts...

but I will consider buying from there in case there's no other option...

Thanks for that needed help!!! :-D
  8. Hans Christian

to sir John again... :-D

Is the DVD you saw back on NYC the 2 DVD special set (both parts 1 & 2), or only just one of them parts (1 or 2 only)?

Apologies for being so naggy about it... Thansk again sir!!! :-D

BTW, I just saw the ISS and Discovery last night, prior to docking, they were like 10 miles, maybe more, away from each other, the ISS was very bright, but the shuttle was not as bright as I thought... :-D
  9. Hans Christian

to sir cgutzmer...

I just went to the e-bay link you gave me... but the problem is, they only allow shipping inside the States only, just like from the discovery online store...

Um, I got an idea... I'll make the purchase here, then have it sent to one of our fellows here living there, then he'll send it to me via air parcel service... if the parcel service allows credit card payment then that would be more convenient...

would it work sir? :-D
  10. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

yeah its the double disk....I have no reason why I passed it up

Dummy dummy dummy

John John
  11. Hans Christian

I see... :-D

Um, if possible, how can I pay you sir in case you've grabbed the set? :-D
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I would contact the seller via email and ask if they will ship overseas. Alomst any reputable person on ebay will make the sale :) he will probably just ask you to wait until he sends an invoice for the actual shipping amount. I know I would have....
  13. Hans Christian

Ok sir Chris, many thanks!!! :-D
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

If they respond and wont help you, you can have it shipped to me then you can pay me for shipping to you via paypal (if you have paypal) if you dont have paypal I dont know...... feel free to contact me off site at cgutzmer @ gmail . com
  15. Hans Christian

Unfortunately, I don't have a paypal account... :cry:

But I'll ask someone here who knows how to send funds overseas for the shipping costs...

I'll e-mail you sir ASAp when I finally have a plan for it

Thanks a bunch for that needed help!!! :-D
  16. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I have the DVD set, Do you still want it?

Email me at j o n j o n z i l l a @ a o l . com
  17. Hans Christian

Sir John, you're willing to let yours go?