Skyrim - Dragon Priest mask

RocketmanTan

So I think my "fans" (christ, saying I have fans sounds completely and utterly self-righteous) know by now that I am a HUGE Skyrim fan. For whatever reason, the Dragon Priests are my favorite antagonists based on canon alone - ingame, they're a total b__ch to fight.

Anyway, I plan to do a whole series of Dragon Priest paraphernalia, which will hopefully include the dagger, staff, and maybe even their armor. But for now, I'm just going to do a generic Dragon Priest mask.

So on to the actual build report. The mask seems simple enough to do, though it's sort of new to me, as I haven't had much experience with organic shapes. I started out with a picture of the mask taken from the game (courtesy of the Elder Scrolls Wiki), after which I made a simple trace. I stretched the trace so it could be folded at 45 degrees and retain the original dimensions, and then I drew on the details.

Og4jOl3.png

zp9ubM5.png

YfTgabf.png

RocketmanTan

wellp, parts drawn up. Twelve pages in total; all but two of which are detail parts, funnily enough. I'm probably gonna go to bed now, seeing as I've been running on little to no sleep these past few days what with classes starting, so the testbuild will either be tomorrow or friday.

ztDaurj.png

Rogerio Silva

RocketmanTan

You are one of the most proficuous (if I can use this word in a productive sense) papercraft artists I have ever seen. When I look at your Upload count of 52 (FIFTY-TWO, and counting!!), it's both an inspiration and, unfortunately, a realization that I will never be that creative... :cry: It's just not me. Well, to each his own.
However, it gives me great pleasure to see that you keep going and producing, with amazing quality, your models. And, like UHU02, you share them with all of us for free.
Sir, you have my sincere admiration! Thank you!

RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan

You are one of the most proficuous (if I can use this word in a productive sense) papercraft artists I have ever seen. When I look at your Upload count of 52 (FIFTY-TWO, and counting!!), it's both an inspiration and, unfortunately, a realization that I will never be that creative... :cry: It's just not me. Well, to each his own.
However, it gives me great pleasure to see that you keep going and producing, with amazing quality, your models. And, like UHU02, you share them with all of us for free.
Sir, you have my sincere admiration! Thank you!
You've made my day with your kind words. Coming from someone as talented as yourself, it means a lot, seriously. It's kind folk like you that keep me going!