Skyraider AD5 (A1E)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Sumato, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Sumato

Sumato Member

Hey, folks. I just thought I'd share some pics of my CG development of my AD5 (later A1E) model Skyraider. I shelved the project a couple of years ago due to lack of time. I was planning a complete redesign of it, until I realised that I pretty much nailed the geometry the first time around. I do plan to complete it and release it probably early to mid next year. Enjoy!

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that looks fantastic!

I hope you don't sit on it too long!:grin:

3. Sumato

Sumato Member

Thanks. I've got a number of projects to finish and release first. But, now that the geometry is solved for the Skyraider, it's just a matter of time before I get it done.
  4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Is it compatible with any of Kancho's missiles?
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

What markings are you going to do? I'd like to put in a request for Bernie Fishers plane if at all possible. He was the pilot who landed on a enemy held airstrip to pick a crashed buddy and won the medal of honor for doing it.
  6. barry

barry Active Member

Looks beautiful !! I have a daft request can I see it without the skin on I just like meshes.
  7. Sumato

Sumato Member

For Barry, I tried to make a couple mesh shots. I felt that the meshes were waaaay too dense to produce any kind of discernable pictures. They looked like cut grass applied to a muddy skeleton. So instead, here is a merely 'transparent' view of the model. I hope you like it!

8. barry

barry Active Member

Thanks mate that's great !!! always like to see how someone who is good does it.

best wishes
  9. Sumato

Sumato Member

Thanks, Barry! By the way, your Spruance looks delightful. Clearly I am not the only one here who knows how to model. I can't wait to see the build.
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey PW, if they are the right scale it sould be no problem. I thought Kancho's was 1/48, and Sumato has been doing 1/32 so you would have to scale them up.

Also Skyraider ended pretty much in the 70's so there weren't too many smart rockets hung of them, but the SUU-11a gun pod I was working on was used alot. Along with Zunis, and Napalm and Iron Bombs........

11. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Thanks,this might just get me back into aircraft modeling,also the mesh looks like a perfect screesaver.
  12. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nice looking Skyraider. What software are you using?

13. Sumato

Sumato Member

I am a happily registered 3ds max user. This particular model, though, was created principally with Milkshape 3d. I still use it all the time for simple shapes, then use 3ds max to fine tune the shapes. The renders are also done in 3ds max.
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

AWESOME digital...