Skylab 1:32 Scale Build Thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

The router died here at home. I have been running all over to find another. I live in the armpit of the world, (When it comes to getting spare parts, (LOL)). I just sent the first Skylab files to Moon port.

The main body of the model will be out in the morning. The first release has the solar panels, & wraps.

Hope this will be what everyone has been wanting.

2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Carl, I know it will be. As always, thanks for all your hard work. Your the best. Keep going and never stop, we all owe you a great thanks. Best to you.
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Don't Worry!

I am on a Mission!! I want to have, (and give away), the models I always wanted. I may have a few schedule bumps in the road, (Or hardware down time), but, by hook or crook, (We will have a complete Moon Port!!!).

Have You seen this:

Looks Like We Will Have a Little Joe III.
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Guess what I got!!!!

I added Skylab Rev1 to the moon port page. If/when it starts getting a bit crowdeed there, I will make a new page for Skylab.

It's not technically part of Moonport, is it? Sorry, not much on history, and too lazy to go check... ;)
  5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

What the? 1/32??? OMG!!!
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Doubles as a shelter in the winter.... lol!!!

NULLMOON Member

is it going to be as desighed or as flown? in other words will it have bits missing?
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

It will be the full monty!!

I am adding the interior details and the launch shroud. You will be able to build it in what ever display mode You wish.

9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Fresh Meat is out!

New Skylab Meat just went out to the host!

Have a great night Guys/Gals!

10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Uploaded and updated
  11. jparenti

jparenti Member

Looking good! Now I'll have something for my Apollo to dock to. :grin:
  12. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Got another update coming tonight. I have had a Monday on a Monday!

13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

New Updates

The Rev 3 has been sent to the host.

14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Revision one has been replaced with revision three.

the host....
  15. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

The interior of Skylab is complete. I will be sending it for posting in the morning.

It is a real bugger-bear, (LOL)!

16. Darwin

Darwin Member

Carl, this may not be the right thread for this post, but have you considered doing one of the Apollo-Soyuz link-up?
  17. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Yes I have

I plan on the ASTP Project soon. The Skylab REV4 will be up at the host for everyone tonight. It includes everything, (- the Skin for the lab, Rear waste storage, & forward support stucture). I will have that all done over the weekend. I will then move on to the LEM, Then Apollo Block I hardware. I think the Block I stuff should be deatiled out, (Before We move to far forward). The next project will be the Lunar Rover, or ASTP. I guess We should have a Vote to see which should come first. ASTP will also require the Soyuz being done, (That will require some research, (Maybe Leo, Lars, or Niels, would like to contribute to that project, (They know the harware much better than I))). Lars has already mocked up, (Beta built), a ASTP, (We may need to ask Him if it is alright to take up the torch, (Also)). I just want the hardware to be avail. for all to model, (I do not want to step in to projects that others have planned). The LEM that Udon has done is great. I only want to have the interior deatil added, (That is the only reason to revisit that subject). Ton has also approved a option of a Block I being done for His Saturn IB, (He will review the option before We publish, (To make sure it is a good match to his detail).

I need a better detail of the onorbit Skylab exterior. I am having a hell of a time getting the exterior of the lab done. The top & bottom wraps I have published will also need to have some detail added. Any drawings or pictures You Guys have would be helpful.

I am going to release the interior without the work station modules for now. I will be sending them out as a ddendum in the future. You will be able to add them in after Your model is built. I think this will allow Us all to review the model, and improve/add as comments come in. The bulkheads are all included. I just want to make sure that this all comes out as complete as the display viewing allows. No need to put in parts that can't be viewed.

Have a great day,

18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Skylab Rev4 has been sent to Moonport. The exterior skin & forward struts, will be added by Sunday. You should have all the parts needed to build the model then. Thanks for waiting.

19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

She is now "in orbit"....
  20. jparenti

jparenti Member

Wow. Wow. Wow. I can't wait until I get some pics or instructions so I can build her! This is what I've always wanted! :)