Skip's Star Trek U.S.S. Ambassador and Phoenix Warp Ship

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by panzer, Sep 1, 2007.

1. panzer

panzer Member

Hi all!

Again some good news for Star Trek fans: Skip's Paper models of the U.S.S Ambassador (same ship class as the Enterprise-C) and Zephrem Cochrane's Warp Ship "Phoenix" can be downloaded from the Science Fiction section of The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model Giftshop.

They were already available until the beginning of this year on Skip's now abandoned site.

2. smyfe

smyfe Member

Many thanks for the heads up Panzer, much easier than trying to get past the pop ups on Skips old site:thumb:
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Finally, a paper Ambassador! :D Many, many thanks, Panzer!
  4. panzer

panzer Member

Too much honour for me, I'm just the bearer of the message!:mrgreen:

I think we should say "thank you" to Skip Skupinski (skupilkinson) who designed this models!
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

DANGIT!!! I'm never gonna get through my build list....
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks Panzer for letting everyone know about it.

And thanks guys for the kind words. The Phoenix was a low poly model so it's not round as it should be, sorry about that. And they don't have instructions, never got arount to them so sorry for that too. I can't find my original 3D models to try and get instructions done now either. :-(

I did lay the larts out in a sort of build order though so that should help.
  7. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Anyone know it there's a titan missle model to put under the Phoenix?
  8. panzer

panzer Member

Hehe, funny, I've had the same idea! :mrgreen:

Have a look at Jonathan Leslie's "Paper Model Giftshop", go to "Models for Download" -> "Real Spacecraft Paper Models".

There is a Gemini-Titan II at 1:48 and 1:96. Although there was told something about a Titan V or VI there has been actually the first stage of a Titan II visible on screen.
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

It is. A Titan II, anyway. In the Star Trek Encyclopedia, Okuda mentions that the missile was a Titan VI, which has vastly superior thrust than a Titan II. Naturally, it looks strikingly similar to the Titan II. . . :)

Apparently they had to use the Titan missile already in the silo museum they filmed First Contact in(I believe they couldn't move it due to the museum forbidding it or some such), so they also had to shoot a miniature of a Titan 2 rocket booster carrying the Phoenix. To cover this up they production staff said the rocket was in fact a Titan VI, not a II.
  10. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi people!
    Maybe this one here can help for a construction!?
    it is a 3-side-scan (150 dpi, 10% compressed) out of a German magazine!

Attached Files:

11. panzer

panzer Member

Yep, that's it! I know this pages from an internet page but I didn't know where I've found it. Thank you!!!
  12. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

If I recall correctly the first stage of the Phoenix only had one exhaust nozzle. So it cant be a Titan II, maybe a Peacekeeper ??
  13. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Sorry to intrude here guys. I'd just like to request, if anyone has or are thinking of building any of my models. Would they be so kind as to send me a pic or two?

I've never seen pics of my models after being built except the beta bridge and Warbird and would love to see them.

Many thanks.