site timeouts

mrmyster

Anla-shok
Jan 7, 2012
colorado
is it really necessary for the site to timeout so quickly? i tend to keep LOTS of pages/tabs open. almost every time i come back to zealot i've been timed out and have to log back in.

i'm not convinced that there should be a timeout at all; but if the mods feel the need, isn't two hours more than restrictive enough? or is there some obscure issue that i just don't get?

thanks very kindly in advance.

michael

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That's strange. I've never experienced this with zealot. Did you check the "Remember Me" button when loggin in ?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I get timeouts, but how soon are you talking about. After around 15 minutes, if there is no input on your side, you could get a time out. If you have "remember me" checked off, then you are only typing on letter and clicking once. If you write an amazingly long post, save it call to the clipboard and then paste it back in if you time out. You just hit the back button, everything you wrote should be there.

This forum is going to go through a big change but will be a lot easier to use, so hiccups are to be expected. Can't get into much more detail yet. :)

mrmyster

Anla-shok
Jan 7, 2012
colorado
thanks to both of you for your replies.

as with most pages, i tend to just leave the page up all day, coming back to it every now and then.

based on your feedback i tried something slightly different. after logging in i actively logged out [i never do that]. the site reported that it cleared cookies [is that true? does it do that?]. then i logged in again and rechecked the "remember me". after that i let the page sit without doing anything for over an hour and the log in didn't lapse. problem solved ...?

thanx verily