Site is back up!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rmks2000, Aug 18, 2006.

1. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Woo Hoo! We're back up! Hopefully the new servers will provide more stability.
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I freaked out, man!!
    In the meantime, I was wondering around other sister sites. I am up now in the excelent french forum Forum en Papier. Give it a try!
  3. goney3

goney3 Member

How many languages do you speak? ;)
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

:grin: ... I just try to be friendly in other countries...

And French is somewhat similar to Spanish... (or isn't it? :wink: )
  5. Scrootch

Scrootch New Member

Hello everybody,

good to see you back online!

Best regards

on behalf of the
  6. angevine

angevine Member

Thank God!!!

I don't think my nerves could haven taken much more!!!

Good to see the site back up!
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Same here!
    I spend all day and night on this forum, reading and writing posts.
    During the slow hours when most are sleeping and nothing is going on, I read through the older posts and even read some really good threads for the fifth or sixth time.
    Whew, I've got it bad!:cry:
    As Rick pointed out to me though, and it is very true, I did have a little more time for building.
    I started Lens Head which I have been wanting to build for a while.
    Still, I am so glad the forum is back up and running.:grin:
    I just don't feel right without it.

Attached Files:

8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Nice job on the lens. It looks real!
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I put about 6 coats of Minwax Fast drying Polyurehane on the lens, trying to get that reflective quality of glass.
    I just dipped a toothpick in it and let the drop fall on the lens and then led the Poly around the whole surface with the toothpick. I didn't want to use a brush because I wanted it to dry to a smooth surface wthout bubbles or brush strokes.The first couple of coats soaked into the paper and didn't look like I had done anything. After that the coats started to build up and give it the quality of glass.
    I am quite pleased with it myself and the pictures do not do it justice.

10. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Man does it feel good to have the forums back up!
    Hello, my name is Kevin and i am addict! :-D
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Everyone in unison..."Hello Kevin!"
  12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Rusell, thanks for the tips on coating. I was trying to get the same results for other project, so I'll give it a try applying more coats.
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I can only imagine all of you guys the way I was yesterday and this morning (at least here in the western hemisphere)... click! oh my! click! shoot!!! click! I'll be d...!!! click! is it my computer? click! maybe my boss changed the firewall settings!!! click! aghhh!!!
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Did anyone else get the message I did?..."You're accoount has been temporarily suspended!"

I was thinking, at first, "Oh no, what did I say that I should'nt have!" :???:

Then I found Rick's statement on Google Groups Papermodels II.

Whew, I was glad it was'nt me!
  15. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Imagine my frustration...
    I just changed my ISP. Set up my computer, made everything ready and want to enjoy fiber connection for the first time. I open IE, open favorites, pick and NOTHING!!!!!! EROR MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!
    The words I used... Good thing I was alone :grin:
    Good thing Rick posted message on kartonbau so I didn't call Verizon to show the FiOS up....:grin:
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Haven't heard from the Admins.
    What really happened to the site? (X-files music on the background)
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

A change over to a different server.
  18. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

I haven't been able to change it to a new server yet. The host is giving me a big hassle right now, because they say that the forum use too much of their resources. The host is Site5. I thought they were a big hosting company, and can handle it, this forum is not really that huge. So, to send me a message, they keep shutting down the site. So, I need to save up some cash now to buy a new server.
  19. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Don't know what is needed to run the site but check out my hosting company
    I'm paying $55/year and during all this time (close to 4 years now) there was only ONE instance when my server went down and that only for one day...
  20. Darwin

Darwin Member

So what's the target amount? After Lighthousemodelart wiped me out, I can't pledge much, but can afford to kick in a bit.