Sit fo Spell on the First Thursday of 2003

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Since I am the first one here I have the coffee and tea hot and some donuts and other sweet things out. Take a break and say hello.

Temperature here in the Delaware Valley is 40 F (4 C). Cloudy right now but it is supposed to rain this evening. The rain is supposed to change over to snow overnight and then possibly back to rain. The morning commute should be interesting tomorrow.

Sealed the Peavy covered grain hopper last night. I will be posting a photo of it on my website later tonight. I also converted the coupler on my IHC Reading 2-8-2 Mikado. Boy what fun that was, trying to figure out how to open the coupler pocket on the tender. When I finally did open it the bottom piece flipped out over my head and onto the floor. Luckily it only took me about five minutes to find it.

I then ran the Mikado and my new IHC C&O 2-6-0 Mogul Camelback. The Camelback came with IHC’s new style couple that will work with Kadees or hook-horn couplers. I will have to change it to a regular Kadee someday. I also at my son’s insistence tried my new Atlas SEPTA AEM-7 pulling the two Amfleet coaches I got for Christmas. Atlas did a fine job on the locomotive. The details are impressive and it is a smooth runner. Even though I don’t have catenary I just had to have one and I could not pass up the price of $34.99.

Tonight I may start another covered hopper or two kits.

I hope everybody has a good day.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
a couple inches of rain didn't spoil New Years's Day here. We went to Richmond to have dinner with our son and daughter-in law. No work on the layout though.

It is still cold and dreary. Started the fire in the wood stove and now I will enjoy a cup of coffee and a donut. Have to do a contract proposal today so got to get going.

have a good day all:) :)

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all! Coffee looks good and so do the donuts. Its 21F with wind 19F here in the Great Lakes area. Snow advisorary out for today - clling for 3 - 6" of the white stuff. Watch out TomPM its headed your way.

Starting a new layout tonight. Don't know how much I will get done, it depends on how much my imagination will run when I get started.

See all tomorrow

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Good mornin folks, snowing lightly and seasonably cold out there.

Hope everyone had a peaceful, restful and happy new year day. I didn't get to play with trains, but I thought a lot about them, you and especially about our recovering patient in the UK. I tried to move on after hearing the news and be my regular self on the board, but it just didn't work out and I posted a joke in poor taste, which I removed later in the day. I am sorry for anyone I may have hurt or offended and lets say no more.

I have a great outllok for the new year and have some good goals for modlin and personal growth. I got to enjoy a 3 mile walk yesterday in the cold air and did some thinkin and plannin. I'm moist with anticipation about the danish model that's on order.

And now for a cup of tea...

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mornin',
Coffee sounds good! Somebody needs to tell the fireman to stop shovelin' the coal, this year is movin' too fast already. I need to hit the libraries today, research. For a model that was supposed to be HO scale, the pilot schooner "Phantom" hasn't got a lot of documentation, and so far, no photos/paintings/etchings,etc. Been to Model Shipways, and several other sources, on line.
I guess, while I'm out, a stop at the hobby shop wouldn't be out of order.
Later,
Pete