Sirio TX-18 TMaxx

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by TMaxxMidget, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMaxxMidget

TMaxxMidget New Member

Hi,

I have a T-Maxx w/ a Sirio TX-18. The motor has about half a gallon of gas through it. Ran fine after break in for about 5 or 6 tanks. Now the motor will not run w/o glow plug warmer. Take away warmer and it cuts out. Try to start it w/ the ez start and it will start but immediatley cut out. Any ideas or help would be awesome.

Thanks.
  2. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

keep the plug warmer in for a little and tune it. sounds likeyour glow plug i fouled...replace then tune your engine
  3. TMaxxMidget

TMaxxMidget New Member

I actually got it figured out. The air cleaner was over oiled. I bought the motor saver air filter and spare foam inserts. The inserts out of the bag were too oily. Once I fixed that just a little tune was all I needed. Thanks.
  4. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

I also have this motor on my T-Maxx.Just have a few questions about the running of it.I have done the break in and have tuned it to where it runs good.Will idle and fly when it hits second gear.However when i go from Idle to WOT it will almost every time spit and sputter then take off and when it gets reved up in 2nd it then start to bog,slow down and start blowing out smoke like the motor is flooding.Does not seem to be running to lean or getting to hot.I am running 20% nitro and on the traxas T-Max super duty long glow plug.Eany help on this i thank u for in andvance...
  5. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

forgot to say i am running the T-Maxx tunned pipe also not the stock max pipe..
  6. redheat

redheat Member

sounds like the bottom might be a little rich and for sure the top could be leaned out alittle also. Best to start w/ fresh plug before making adjustments. What are your present settings? What filter are you using? If Motor saver your going to have to make adjustments that goes for changing exhaust also, most after market filters and pipes well make a motor run leaner so riching the carb. is advised and then working to lean side thats why Im asking what your current settings are.
  7. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

I have not counted to see where i am was looking around to see if i can find what the stock settings are so that i can start over fresh.If ya know what they are could ya let me know?Read on net they are 2.5 low and 5.5 high but book with motor sayesd 3 low and 7 high.Motor will not even run at those settings.Thanks for the help
  8. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

well at the 3 low and 7 high will not run
    temp is around 150f using my multimeter and temp probe
    will run if i goto somewhere around 1.5 low and 4.5 high
    temp reding using same temp probe and same point is around 300f
    that is the temp where it seems to run at any lower and no power at all

Does anyone have this motor and if so what plug is being used not sure if the heay duty long plug that is for the 2.5 t-maxx is right for this motor as alwayes thanks for the help
  9. redheat

redheat Member

7 and 5 on top seem really rich , I would start at 4 on top and 1.5 on the bottom. Use a brand new plug try a mc8 or mc59,make sure that your plug heater is fully charged. It almost sounds to me like you could have a air leak so check to make sure everything is tight for example ,head bolts ,carb. ,back plate, start with that.
  10. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

Ok Thanks fot the help i think i have the high side going right but the low side still i think is off.If you stop and idle then go WOT it will start off strong then die down sputter then go again.After that when it does get up to speed does good just cant go from Idle to WOT all at once.Is that to rich or to lean??..

Thanks for the input
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Try going 1/8 turn cc test run see what happens, that'll make it a little rich . Should always start rich to lean.
  12. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

K thanks will do
    Also thinking of going to the turbo plug....not sure though...
    ô¿ô
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Dont bother youll need to purchase a head in order to use a turbo plug . I think that once you get your motor tuned youll more than be happy with the performance without going to turbo plugs .
  14. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

I think i am very close to getting it tuned.Some dayes it will run good others it will run ok but no idle...Will keep messing with it and see what happends....
  15. racoutlaw

racoutlaw New Member

Also the extra head to run the turbo plug came with the motor redheat just not sure of putting it on..No one has a turbo plug around here so i cant see how it runs with it on another car...
  16. redheat

redheat Member

Raco, you can purchase a turbo plug from tower hobbies, as far as your idle goes you really should get that set correctly before you go on to do your other carb. settings.If your having a problem locating a turbo plug I would stick to the stock head to be honest I never really could tell that much of a gain in power but did find tuning to be a little more of a pain . Also sounds like you have the bottom set real close but if your cutting out on the top chances are that you could still be running a little lean your not getting enough fuel in the cylinder . I'm assuming that you are using a new plug and a clean but not over oiled air filter. let me no how it works out for you, Red
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.