Simple Wiring Idea

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
I was wondering....can I run a "main" wire around my layout and splice into it hear and there to run power various places to my track? Not cut thru the main wire just the insulation and soder a wire to it and then the track? Or is there another method that is easier?

77Railer

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
wiring

These newbies are exactly what I need. These (brain) cells are as ancient as my decrepit bones. It never crossed my (mind) to run wires around the track and connect ocassionally. I thought I'd run seperate wires to different places. Not that I'm ignernt, just stoopid. At this rate I'll learn a bit if I live long enough.

Lynn

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
Wouldn't it be better to use saddle splices? (Those little blue suit case looking connectors that go over 1 wire and you splice in the second one. I find these very effective and easy to use.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Connor said:
Wouldn't it be better to use saddle splices? (Those little blue suit case looking connectors that go over 1 wire and you splice in the second one. I find these very effective and easy to use.
Better? It's certainly an alternative method, but like a lot of other things one method being "better" than another depends on one's personal preferences and experience.