silver paper inkjet

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Bionic Modeler, May 30, 2008.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Red River Metallic Silver Ink Jet Paper

Hey, timhinds,

That Mercury-Atlas launcher looks really great! Very realistic. The silver paper adds a whole new dimension to card modeling, for sure.
    I have got to try this paper in my Epson printer and see if it works.

Thanks for sharing,
    Bengt :thumb:
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

if you look at the sites printer settings area it list which epson inks will and will not work. if you use dura brite ink it wont work. as well as the afore mentioned ultra chrome system.
  3. Only die inks will work from what I understand. I didn't notice the warnings either until it was pointed out. I was just lucky enough to have a Canon already. But as you can see with the right ink you get excellent results. Actuall with printers so cheaop it migh be work getting a Cheap Canon just for this use. I got one once for free with all the rebates plus most of them have a straight thru paper feed which allows for heavier paper.

NULLMOON Member

is there any uk stockists for this stuff?
  5. If any of you guys are interested, I would be willing to stock up on some of this paper and mail individual sheets as needed so you don' t have to pay frieght. This way only postage for a few sheets would be required. I would have to charge a little extra for my trouble but you could buy only what you need for your project. Let me know. I am not trying to get rich here just help out. I know there are a lot of guys like me who just can't afford some of these outrageous shipping charges. I slipped this last order under the radar but my wife got the package. Too late---lol

I do have a Paypal account so I suppose we could use that to process payments.
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi timhinds,

I´d be very interested to try a couple of sheets of Red River Metallic ink jet paper. At the moment, I am using a brand of cheaper third party inks, which I don´t think is pigmented. So, I thought I might try a paper cut in half, just to assess the result. I have great confidence that I can work something out. I would like to build a Mercury-Atlas model, so that might require a sheet or two.

I am a registrated PayPal user myself, so it would be really easy for me to cover your shipping/postage cost. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address, mail delivery address, etc, and we´ll see if something can be arranged.

Thanks for your kind initiative!
    Bengt :thumb:
  7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi again. timhinds,

I was unable to send you a PM. Please send me a PM and state your regular e-mail address, so we can communicate that way. Thanks!

Best regards,
    Bengt in Stockholm :wave:
  8. Ben, and anyone else, you can reach me thru my e-mail which is the same as my username