Silver Moon Express

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jimbogibbo, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jimbogibbo

jimbogibbo Member

Has anyone else but me fell victom to this Silver moon Express from Hawthorne Village. Yes it does look nice but I can not get my locamotive to go around a flat oval much less climb a mountain.??? :curse:
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

3. jimbogibbo

jimbogibbo Member

the tain does look nice but it has problems. the front tracking wheels need shimed . to contact the track .oh and by the way it is a subscription buy. at 70.00 $ a car
  4. jimbogibbo

jimbogibbo Member

But it does look nice.!!!!
  5. MidnightRR

MidnightRR Member

Y'all must have gotten a bad one. My copy of that Silver Moon loco (from eBay, I didn't buy the whole set), pulls three passenger cars up a 2.5% grade just fine, no alterations required.
  6. riverotter

riverotter Midwest Alliance Rail Sys

I think this equipment is generic Bachmann that gets painted for all Hawthorne's different "Collector" series'. I have the "Wolf Train" and although I know it's overpriced, I like it, and I get a lot of ooooh's and ahhhhh's from visitors when I put the whole train on the layout and run it around. I even bought a couple of "non-Wolf" On30 boxcars to run in the same train. In moments of serious weakness I even contemplate buying more realistic On30 track and starting yet another layout... :oops: