Silly woman struck by train

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by N Gauger, Nov 14, 2007.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Ah, the amazing powers of alcohol.

3. nolatron

nolatron Member

More like a crazy woman.
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

How do you drink a full bottle of that stuff?
  5. Bones

Bones Member

One drink at a time.

She's lucky she was drunk. Any sober person would have tensed up, and probably would have been killed.
  6. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Just one more reason to add to my I stopped drinking how many years ago because list!!!:rolleyes:
  7. Bones

Bones Member

to add to my previous post....
    Although, we'd all probably be a bit happier if Darwinism had taken affect.
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I don't understand how she survived. Did the engineer see her and slow down enough? Anyone have more details?
  9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

either that train was going very slowly, or I don't get how she could have survived that. I mean, it's a giant hulk of metal, heavier than two elephants, and you only get knocked 20-30 yards with only a few broken bones?
  10. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

One drink at a time, I know but that is a lot for one person to drink and still walk.
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Easy enough to do once you become dependent on alcohol..
    To my shame I use to drink a fifth(some times more) a day every day while I was in the Army..The very minute I was "off duty*" I would hit the bottle with big gulps and then go partying with my "friends"..
    My favorite drink was a water glass filled 3/4 with Bourbon mixed with a 1/4 cup of coke cola.

The day I got my discharge I quit drinking..I never understood why I wasn't bothered with the old DP's.By God's good grace I reckon.

* I was not above having a "pick me up" drink while I was on duty .
  12. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I doubt that the train could even slow down significantly by the time the engineer saw her. I suspect that she was probably not on the tracks directly in front of the train, but off to one side and probably was hit a glancing blow. On the one hand she was lucky she was drunk, since if she hadn't been drunk, she probably would have been killed. On the other hand if she hadn't been drunk she would probably have had more sense than to try to stop a train by getting that close to start with.
  13. Bones

Bones Member

If I remember correctly, I read that the train was only going 20MPH. At 20 MPH, it's a matter of chance... and not getting run over.