Silent Running models of Huey, Dewey and Louie

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by doc_harvey, Mar 17, 2005.

1. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Anyone have any copies of the drones from "Silent Running"?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

yes there is one out there, if you dont get it before I get back home to my desktop pc, I will search it out for you, I am on my laptop now and dont have all my links handy on this puter. Just off the top of my head though, you might try seaching SF AND GAMES (SCIENCE FICTION AND GAMES) at I am pretty sure its there. although it maybe listed as something else, just check any link with robot in the description lol. I will hurry and try to get back and find it for you.

3. Shunichi was confronted by Lucas when pirates started selling his free download kits.
    Now he no longer releases models of subjects he has not personally created.
    "These papercrafts cannot be downloaded for the Copyright Law."

Yes, royally cocked up by piracy on the high web.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Its me again, I have searched and continue to search, but I must be looking in the wrong places, But there is a model out there that I have seen In the last month, unfortunately, I dont keep a history file in my computer. But, as much surfing as I do, I know I will run across it again, probably within the next month, and as soon as I find it I will post the link here for you. This is is not the link that wasposted above and talks about copyright, I wanna say this was a french site maybe, I just dont remember, but I will keep looking.

ps. I didnt have it in my model links, it was too "box" like for me.
  5. silverw

silverw Member

At the designer's request,... those models are no longer available.

That it the answer I got to my inquiry :roll:
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Man................ Big Business and greed...........kinda makes you wonder about capitalism sometimes.

Maybe one day............ we all can have fun without somebody having to squeeze every thin penny from it.

Hate that about those models I loved the movie and wanted to build them cute little robots myself.

Shoulda...........coulda..........woulda..........gets me everytime.
  7. SteveM

SteveM Member

Greed was indeed involved but (as far as I know) not big business. A pirate was selling Sunichi's Star Wars models on ebay. He felt helpless to stop it since he is not the rightful copyright holder. So he felt his only recourse was to simply remove his models from circulation. I do not think he was "confronted" by Lucas Arts. As I understand it, Lucas is pretty supportive of the fan art genre.

8. kk135

kk135 Member

I saw the auctions from another site. Someone glued them up and was auctioning them off as "rare." Unfortunately I didn't start saving them to my hard drive until after this.
  9. SteveM

SteveM Member

Shunichi is making his Star Wars and other SF models available once again for a while. That includes the 3 little drones from Silent Running

look in "Special" then in "Science Fiction"

Merry Christmas!
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool! I got me a copy.

Shunichi if you read this ------ THANKS! :grin:
  11. angevine

angevine Member

The Drone models are really great fun to build and look good when completed. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did!

Thanks for the info about the site being able to download again. I really can't wait to build these models. I have so many to do now I don't know where to start. - :grin: