Silent Running Cargo Pod

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Had some new paper delivered by Amazon UK to help with my builds, due to supply problems with my printers.

A test build of something easy was in order, so I plumped for 'what looked easy!'

This particular model template was built by Mike Hungerford according to the copyright on the print - not bad, but from a critical point of view, the edge points were poorly marked and the numbering system was overly complicated to sort out, especially if you suffer from numerical dyslexia, which I seem to have! A simpler non-repetitive numbering on the tabs would've been easier for me to understand...but that's just me.

DSC02080.JPG

Four sheets make up this build, care must be taken to study the numbers carefully!

resized pod 2.JPG

All parts cut out and scored ready for assembly...with the worst reference picture ever!

resized pod1.JPG

poor corner detail, which if not allowed for, makes for really poor edges

resized pod 3.JPG

Finished pod, which in under an hour from start to finish makes for a quick build.

I would've liked better corner lines on this model, but as it was a just a test bed... So I'll let all maladies slip.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Actually, it looks very good!!!
If you wanted to have a little fun with it, you could recess the areas on the hexagons and raise the parts on the triangles.

Reactions: mijob

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Actually, it looks very good!!!
If you wanted to have a little fun with it, you could recess the areas on the hexagons and raise the parts on the triangles.
Funnily I did think about sinking those areas on the hexagons, but not the triangles... As this was just a test, I really wasn't bothered about going all-out - It will end up at my brothers for his amusement, cheers for the hints and tips

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack