Signs by the trackside

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by shamus, Feb 16, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Have you got any photo's of signs that sit by logging railroads.

Here's one I found.

Attached Files:

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Lacking confidence in their bridge building abilities? :D :D :D
  3. Gardenrrguy

Gardenrrguy Member

More worries over falling loads?:eek:
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Lacking confidence in their log loading abilities? :D :D :D

I think you're probably right, GG...
  5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I suppose they don't want you to be logged off.:D
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

This seems to pertain more to modern truck logging:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    oops, how'd that get in there?

I did find some general instructions:

Travelling on logging roads - rules of the road
    These roads are heavily used by industrial traffic. The best time to travel is before 6 a.m and after 6 p.m. or on weekends. However, smaller companies often work outside of normal hours, including on weekends. They do not always provide a schedule but are required to post signs.

If you must travel during working hours (from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday - through Friday), it is essential that you check in with the appropriate logging company:

* On Graham Island, check with Weyerhaeuser at their head office in Juskatla (call 250-557-6810 for information).

* On Moresby Island, check at the JS Jones (former Timber West) Office in Sandspit before driving from Alliford Bay to Moresby Camp or making other use of logging roads (call 250-637-5323 for information).

At all times when travelling on logging roads:

* drive with headlights on
    * observe the 50 km/h speed limit
    * stay alert for posted signs and indications of oncoming traffic
    * obey all posted signs

Do they haul logs on the road trains in the Land Down Under?

7. Rusty Stumps

Rusty Stumps Member

Oh, I thought they were talking about the drivers being "loaded" it means the truck!:eek:
  8. silver

silver Member

Sorry to go with an old post but I have an old logging sign from the Emporium/Grasse RiverRR in upstate NY. It says something along the lines of "Beware horses in the road next 5 miles. Emporium Lumber Co.". I can tell you exacty what it says over next summer, it is in storage and I am in school til then.
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Hey, Silver! When you get a chance, I'd love to see a picture of that sign. :thumb:
  10. silver

silver Member

Will do but I live far away from the storage locker. I have gone back to school on the other side of the country. The earliest I can get to it is the summer. Sorry. I will post a picture in this forum.