signals/control boxes

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Relic, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Relic

Relic Member

G'day,Could someone tell me who makes good looking signals/control boxes? I'm not looking for the ones that work,just look realistic,I'm four hours from the nearest hobby shop so I can't go look,so I have to know what to ask for.
    I'm modeling CN,early/mid '60s,Nova Scotia.
    Thanks a bunch
  2. Sirfoldalot

Sirfoldalot Member

Hi there ... You did not say which gauge.
    has HO and N scale.
    Might try there?
  3. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

Wow, been a while - Happy '09 ! Did CN use unusual relay/equipment boxes, or were they pretty much standard? Sounds like a relatively easy scratch project to do one or a dozen (cheaper, too!). But I'm a southerner - maybe one of better CN knowledge could chime in. Bob C.
  4. Relic

Relic Member

Sorry 'bout that,HO scale.I looked on the Walthers site but all I could find was the signals with three small lights.The ones I'm looking for have a large back withe a hood over the light{ I can't for the life of me think of the name,although it'll come to me as soon as I hit send}Some places had single lights and others,like at the end of this{by my place}siding had three.
    The control/relay boxes,on the Walthers site,it's hard to tell what they look like because the pics I found looked like a monkey drew them.
    Thanks for the replys
  5. acsoosub

acsoosub Member

6. Relic

Relic Member

Searchlight! Thats it,I was thinking bullseye,though that could also be right.Some of those are close to what I,m after.Must be a CNR thing.
    Thanks again