sign thread

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by belg, Jul 9, 2003.

1. belg

belg Member

I'm not having any luck with the search tab finding the thread about how to make your own signs can someone help?
  2. Strthoky

Strthoky Member

belg here is the thread I had... It kinda explains a bit...
  3. Strthoky

Strthoky Member

When I sand the back of the paper I lightly pass the sandpaper over the paper... otherwise you will rip or take too much off and your sign will have holes. I sand mine down until the print ink starts showing through the back side but is not totally exposed. I then take a SMALL drop of glue on a tooth pick and coat the back side very thin.. I let the glue set for a minute so it kina gels up a bit...

then I rub the decal on with the back side of my exacto knife or some other smooth object.

I use a medium grit sand paper... too fine clogs up... wears out too fast... to coarse and it will rip the back side if you are not careful.

Oh one more thing... I leave the decal on the sheet of paper while sanding it and I feather the sanded edges out beyond the edge of the sign. this makes it easier to sand small objects. I then cut it out with a very sharp exacto knife.

tada!!! instant el-cheapo sign
  4. belg

belg Member

Guys this is not really the one I was looking for,it had more to do with the actual art links like gas and pepsi signs.
    Not to say this ones not appreciated.Thanks
  5. Jim de Bree

Jim de Bree Member

6. belg

belg Member

That was it Jim thank you.Do you know any other site like that one?