sierra railroad equimpment info

matt fisher

Mar 1, 2006
turlock,ca
ever since the sierra railroad started that dinner train i've been wondering who owned the passenger cars that they currently use my favorite is the double decker the that looks like an ex sp cummuter car they had 2 on the dinner train what happend to the other double decker and owned it before sierra does know were there's an accurate roster for the dinner train i'm talking about the oakdale train, and what ever happen to that steam festiaval they one year ,it was just like railfair and is it going to happen again ? i'm also wandering what happen to those other 38 ex bn cab less u boats that bought there not in sacramento ,does anyone know , what going with this power train is ever gonna work or not ? and whats the sierra railroad gonna do with the orange caboose and that dummy sprit of washinton f3 unit in there oakdale yard , one more thing ,there's a rumor that
there's some stored loco's stored some where between oakdale and jamestown ,ca some where near that loging company.

matt

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I can't help you on this one. I know a little about the history of the Sierra, but not much about what is going on now. There are a few guys on the Gauge from Northern Cal who might be able to help. I go to www.socalrailfan.com, but they focus on Southern California railroads. Is there something similar in Northern Cal? Welcome to the Gauge, anyway. It is a cool bunch that hangs out here.