Sidecar-Motorcycle - historuc RAPI cardmodel on Kartonmodell-Forum

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Thomas Pleiner, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Dear all,

since today there is another free download available for the members
    of Kartonmodell-Forum:

A historic cardmodel from publisher RAPI (sheet 28 ) showing a
    sidecar-motorcycle from around 1930

A little bit more information is here:

As usual these models are special benefits for our members, so
    you'll have to register before downloadung these beauties. . .
    Besides this - everything is free . . .

Have a nice week
    Thomas Pleiner
  2. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

I love German engineering. ;)
  3. gwssms

gwssms Member

Thank you Thomas! I love building these old timers. They may not be as sophisticated as some newer models but it gives you perspective on the "good old days".
  4. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Thanks, Thomas, for another fun model to download! It's very kind of you to make these very interesting old models available to all.
  5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Thanks for the model. We missed you at the convention.
  6. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Help with accessing Thomas' site

Hello All,

Please forgive me for asking again for help with this but I cannot register or log on to the Kartonmodel site. I have tried everything!!

My computer accepts cookies no probs, I have joined other sites without trouble, Is the problem that my pc runs on XP??

To say I am frustrated Is an understatement!!

7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

One of the main problems that people have at registration is that you must use a first and last name as your user name.
    Thomas set the site up so that people would use their real names instead of hiding behind a made up user name.
    If you enter your user name you have it here, modelnutz7, there are two problems with that.
    1-Its only one word and not two. (must enter a first and last name as user name)
    2-The number 7 (People do not have numbers in their name, only letters)

Try again using a first and last name with no numbers and see if that was the problem.
    I hope this helps you.
  8. Good morning Russel,

your're right. It's simply two words. No numbers.
    And . . . ehhm . . . no names like "Mickey Mouse" or something like
    What would also be accepted are names written like "J. Smith" or "R.-F. Brown".
    The more important is a working e-mail-adress. If the email confirming
    your registration is bounced back, the referring membership will be
    deleted . . .

(Couldn't make the convention this year because of extrem heavy workload
    in the daily job plus a new important customer since November 1st)

Best regards

9. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Still cannot register

Hello Russel and Thomas,

Please bear with me, I knew that I had to put in my name, here's what I have tried..... Tom Scriven, Thomas Scriven and T. Scriven and a password, all of which don't work. Thomas, you have tried to help me before, but for some reason I can't access the registration page like on other sites where you first enter these details then you recieve a confirmation e-mail which you answer then the account is activated.

I have honestly tried all permutations, I am so frustrated and upset by this because as a Locomotive enthusiast I can't even get the superb loco that's been shown here recently.

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hi Tom,
    I know this is a frustrating situation but I am positive that it can be figured out.
    You are not the first one to have problems with the registration process. It is usually something simple that is being overlooked.
    I noticed in your previous post you had asked if it could be the XP OS. Just to remove a suspected culprit, no, that would not be the problem as I use that OS as well as many others who frequent the site.
    Do you understand German?
    It has been a while since I registered at the Kartonmodell forum but I seem to recall a check box where they ask if you are over 13 years old.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this box might be the culprit.
    Are you using a translater while you register so that you know exactly the questions being asked?

11. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hello Russell,

I understand a little German, but I've just translated the registration page via Babel fish. The only button under the banner I can click is HILFE, this page translated tells me I have to click the button TEAM to actually register my details, and nothing happens when I click It. This seems to be the main stumbling block, plus It says under the buttons
    "The admission to this side Is refused to them. and goes on to say how I should use the input mode to Announce myself. AAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!

I think I have tried everything!!

12. Tom,

sorry, you've followed the wrong tracks . . . ;-)
    I am sure the private message I've sent to you will help.

Russel @all
    Do you you think that an illustrated (screenshots) guide to
    explain the registering process to Kartonmodell-Forum will
    be helpful . . . ? (Well, Tom is the only one encountering
    serious problems within 14 months . . . )

Best regards

13. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I also had problems. I tried several different translation methods. None would work. I could not determine what I was reading beacuse the translations all ran into each other without separating into the proper segments.
    At the time I asked if there was a translated page to register, then said that it did not amtter how many free offerings you had, If I could not read the registration page I would not bother.

I first came here for a model. Now look at my post count.

I know your site was originally made for local interest. but the internet is so open now It would be nice if you could put up a transtlation link that is accurate.(the pictorial would be a good second idea)

Babelfish and most othe automatic online translators are not overly accurate
    They don't take syntax, or multiple meanings for single words into account.