Shuttlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

I've gone crazy over shuttles! Here are the three that should soon be available in the download section. The Class 2 shuttle already is.

Here they are! From left to right: Type 9 (aka Class 2) shuttle from Voyager, Type 10 shuttle Chaffee assigned to Defiant, from Deep Space Nine, and the Type 11 shuttle assigned to Enterprise-E from Insurrection.

I honestly did not intend to make three consecutively numbered shuttles (9, 10, and 11), it was just an odd coincidence.

Close up shots of the Type 10. This was simply a retouch of Ninjato's Chaffee shuttle, which was hand-drawn. Hopefully he'll let me upload it.

Close ups of the Type 9, also known as the Class 2, because the Voyager writers never paid attention to maintaining canon. I wasn't a big fan of the show, but I really liked this shuttle. It is a remaster of Billy 81's version of this shuttle. The parts have been rearranged for easier construction, and the texture has been updated.

As you can see, I had to create a few different types before I was satisfied.

And finally, the Enterprise E shuttle which debuted in Insurrection. "Type 11" was never actually said on screen, and is not completely canon, but most sources believe this would be the most reasonable designation. This, like the Type 9, was originally Billy 81's kit. I stretched out the middle of this one, rearranged the parts, updated the texture to make it significantly more accurate (it was very far from it before) and created new nacelle pylons.

Lots of laminating to get the layers for this one, but I'm very pleased with the result.

Paragon

There is a chance, if I can get good reference images. I really need a top, bottom and back view of it for that.

Master-Bruce

I have the Trek Fact Files here. Let me see what I can find for ya. ;) Side and top I know isn't a problem. I can't remember about the other 3 views.

Master-Bruce

Ok, at a glance I know I have what you'd need for and 1701-E Captains Yacht and the Shuttle from Insurrection but you've already done that one. I'll dig deeper for Argo stuff later when the kids aren't around (they always want to run off with the files, they must like the pics).

Paragon

Raising some trekkers eh?

What I'd also really like to do is the Federation Scout Ship (aka Venture Class) from Insurrection, you know, the one Data is in when he goes haywire. Without any knowledge of 3D modelling, and just photoshop, I'm afraid that job will be very difficult. I'm really tempted to try and do it today, using the drawings to make a very rudimentary design, and then expand on it from there. We'll see if that happens.

I've also begun retouching Ninjato's Delta Flyer, and intend to do the same with his Danube class runabout. There also might be a Type 8 shuttle based on the Type 6 kit I downloaded from somewhere else. What would you all be most interested in?

CJTK1701

Banned
Great job Paragon, sorry I missed this thread. If you're taking requests... I'd like to see a large, accurate TOS era shuttle. I DL'd the K-7 Spacestation the other day and have a Klingon D-7, so this would help with my TOS collecton.:mrgreen:

Paragon

The Captain's yacht Cousteau might be beyond my abilities, its got a lot of curves that are very daunting. We'll see about it.

Currently, I've decided to work on the Federation Scout, simply because Armada really made me like it a lot, and decent reference images are readily available. I'll post progress when I've made some.

Master-Bruce

Great. I'll be checking for updates here. I'll just go and see about any Argo reference for ya.

Hey Paul? Since I got them from you, Can you remember if there're any plan views of the Argo in the fact files?

P

paulhbell

I'm not sure about the fact files, but I think I posted some pics from the DVD collection. That was a simular type of magazine, I'll go and have a look.

P

paulhbell

The only pic I have of the argo is a drawing and it ain't very good.

But I have side and top views of both shuttles from insurrection, the one paragon has just done, the one from enterprise E (picard and worf) and the one that data flys up from the planet. Its called a federation scout ship.

I also have side and top views of the captains yacht from the same film.

I don't want to post on here (public area and copyright issues), but I will email scans to anyone that wants to have a go at building.

Master-Bruce

I have it. I was going to use it for a model last year or earlier this year I'm not sure. Anyway, no disrespect to the creator but it's not good. Not as a papermodel anyway, though the texture files I know will prove good reference for creating a new mesh or model from?

mapargo1.jpg

mapargo2.jpg

mapargo3.jpg

P

paulhbell

Scary isn't it. I am now staying away from copyright threads.

BTW, the argo pic I have is not a plan/side view, but has better detail then those above.

Paragon

Skup, those images are perfect for what I need them for. I don't suppose you could send me larger versions with higher resolution?

I've already got plenty of references for Cousteau and the Scout Ship. In fact, I'll demonstrate that now with the Scout Ship:

Its just a preliminary prototype, of course, its missing structures on the top and bottom, especially including the cockpit, but its certainly coming along very easily so far. I actually estimate it will be done by the end of the day, definitely by the end of tomorrow if not. Its not quite on scale with the Type 11 shuttle, it needs to be a little larger for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.