Shuttle launch today.......

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by N Gauger, May 31, 2008.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

2. yoanncr

yoanncr New Member

3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Its about time that the main Kibo modlue flew... :-D
  4. jparenti

jparenti Member

I was very happy to see they didn't have many problems this time. They even got off the ground on the first try! :)
  5. N Gauger

Yup - - I thought of that at +00.06 into the flight LOL As soon as they cleared the tower :D But i watched it until the External Tank separated :) Just to be sure!!!
  6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I was really suprised to see it got off the ground, let alone didn't do a back flip just because of the mas of that module. It is humongous. Good thing it is up there now. I have pictures from KSC of these modules at the SSPF. Unfortunately only 10 more Shuttle flights left though. I really want to go see one before 2010. anyone have any tips as per byeing tickets for a launch and not wasting the money on a scrub? I hope I get to personally view one.
  7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I share your thoughts pal, I also want to visit KSC on time for the last Horrah of the Shuttle... man... its sad to see it go...
  8. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

It is sad to hear that the shuttle era is ending...but atleast they'll always live on forever in our card modelling:D I wish i could see a launch...always dreamed of seeing one or being part of a launch:D
  9. N Gauger

yup - -We felt the same way when the Apollo program ended... It was a double edged sword.. No more launches and no more moon landings.. :cry::cry::cry:
  10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

hehe..the closest we can get to being a part of a shuttle launch is the Shuttle Launch Experience down at KSC. It was a great ride and very informative. :D