Shuttle in the mist

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by MapleLeaf, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

I thought some of you might like this photo:

Attached Files:

2. cmags

cmags Guest

Cool photo, thanks for sharing. Know if there's a higher-res version for a desktop wallpaper?
  3. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

"high res" (sort of) available

The photo is from an older Corel "High Res" CD of space photos. (Royalty free) There is a viewer included with the CD so I was able to view the photos but I would not call them High Res in todays sense of the word. There are a number of photos of various space shuttle missions including the Canadarm, interior shots of the shuttle bay, launch pad shots etc. This is the one that I thought was the most striking.

The program allows for conversion to various formats ie. .jpg .bmp etc but with terrible results. However, using the print screen function I was able to take it into Photoshop and save a decent image. I could send you the full size (screen capture image) if you would like. Or, if you have Corel, perhaps you would be better off with the original Corel file. Send me a personal message with your email.

4. THE DC

THE DC Member

So very cool!

The DC
  5. joeblow321

joeblow321 Member

Here is another cool picture of both launch pads with shuttles on them.

6. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

ever wondered how beatiful it would be it they launched hours within each other?

or maybe in formation?
  7. joeblow321

joeblow321 Member

Here is a new picture of both shuttle on the launch pads. (Note lighting rods for new Orion pad)

8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Also, the lightning mast on pad B is gone
  9. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I have always wondered if there were any photos or videos of a Shuttle launch taken from orbit (ISS, imaging satellite, alien mothership in low Earth orbit, &ca.). A video would be especially cool. :mrgreen:
  10. Nath Smith

Nath Smith New Member

what an awesome picture!
  11. SSanatobaJR

SSanatobaJR New Member

They are all awesome photos. Thanks for sharing!
  12. machgo

machgo New Member

Beautiful pictures. The fog bound shuttle is really un-earthly. thanks!
  13. Groovin_fusion

Groovin_fusion New Member

Nice, I like these pic's
  14. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

These photographs are AWESOME ! Love the Misty shot, get a feeling of the Stack living and breathing...ummm very nice :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.