Show us your 'improved' photos!

I took a generic shot of clean tunnel motors, and added some photoshop magic: heat, sand dust, dirt/grime, weathering, etc.
What do you think?

Attachments

• coalie magic small.jpg
    coalie magic small.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 565
Yeah, I don't have any D&RGW Trainworx hoppers, so my BN cars had to be a stand-in...
I added some grime to the BN cars, but I guess not enough...

siderod

meah, great shot...throw some dust in front of that first hopper, you'll be fine...to me it jsut stood out a bit too much for the shot!

Belmarvalley said:
Hemi -

You're getting really good with these photos! :thumb:
;) Thanks! It helps to have a good subject to start with. Kudos to Marty & Company for the incredible Tunnel Motors!

pnolan48

Hi hemi,

I've noticed your increasing proficiency with a camera! As well as the great prototype shots you track down. Now to work on your manipulation skills. . .

This one, to me, is a little heavy handed, but then I have only a 500 x 375 image to go by. (I went to the Railimages site but couldn't find a bigger one of this specific shot.) I think it needs a little more transparency in terms of color blending and the dissolution of the edges. Usually for me that means a little more randomness, and a litle freer hand. It's hard to comment further without knowing what software you are using. Photoshop CS has "adjustment layers" that really let me play.

Pete