Show us your 'improved' photos!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by hemiadda2d, Jul 5, 2004.

1. hemiadda2d

hemiadda2d Member

I took a generic shot of clean tunnel motors, and added some photoshop magic: heat, sand dust, dirt/grime, weathering, etc.
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I think it looks great!
  3. siderod

siderod Member

looks great, but the white hoppers are FAR too white, espically when pictured in that dust storm!
  4. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Be careful! You could be running through a quicksand desert! ;)
  5. hemiadda2d

hemiadda2d Member

Yeah, I don't have any D&RGW Trainworx hoppers, so my BN cars had to be a stand-in...
    I added some grime to the BN cars, but I guess not enough...
  6. siderod

siderod Member

meah, great shot...throw some dust in front of that first hopper, you'll be me it jsut stood out a bit too much for the shot!
  7. Belmarvalley

Belmarvalley New Member

Hemi -

You're getting really good with these photos! :thumb:
  8. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo :D :D
  9. hemiadda2d

hemiadda2d Member

;) Thanks! It helps to have a good subject to start with. Kudos to Marty & Company for the incredible Tunnel Motors!
  10. pnolan48

pnolan48 New Member

Hi hemi,

I've noticed your increasing proficiency with a camera! As well as the great prototype shots you track down. Now to work on your manipulation skills. . .

This one, to me, is a little heavy handed, but then I have only a 500 x 375 image to go by. (I went to the Railimages site but couldn't find a bigger one of this specific shot.) I think it needs a little more transparency in terms of color blending and the dissolution of the edges. Usually for me that means a little more randomness, and a litle freer hand. It's hard to comment further without knowing what software you are using. Photoshop CS has "adjustment layers" that really let me play.