Show on Dish Network?

Burger

Dec 12, 2006
I remember seeing a show/series on one of the DYI type channels on dish network last year where they were showing folks "how to" items for model railroading. I have searched for it lately and can't find it now. Does anybody know of any shows/series like this and if so, what network, etc., are they on? Thanks!

PS I did a search here for TV shows and found nothing, so sorry if this topic has been asked before. :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
The DIY network has a show, "Working on the railroad" hosted by Chris Chianelli. It is in reruns and is on Tuesday mornings. I record it on DVR, and it's like 2AM Arizona time, or 4AM eastern time.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I was trying to record all of the episodes of Working On The Railroad to make sure I saw all of them, but it was on Tuesday mornings, now it doesn't show up on DIY at all. I don't know if this is permanent or just a brief hiattus.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, I have my DVR set to record on Tuesdays and I keep getting episodes. It's on right before his other program, "RC Hobbies". I had all the original episodes and my DVR went south. Dish Ntwk sent me a replacement so now I think I've recorded most all of the episodes over again. I think I'm missing the ones where they build a G scale outdoor layout. And gee, me getting a G scale set for Christmas, I should pay attention. sign1 sign1

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Illus said:
It's still there, it was on this past Tuesday.

Working on the Railroad

Also, if anyone has the RFD channel, (I have it on DirecTV) there is a show there called 'I Love Toy Trains' There is also quite a few Motive power shows on that channel.

I know it was on last Tuesday, I tried looking ahead to next Tuesday morning to set my dvr to record it and neither Workin on the Railroad or RC Hobbies are listed. I just checked on the next two weeks, and it appears that DIY has taken the program off in favor of a bunch of craft and sewing shows.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Russ Bellinis said:
I know it was on last Tuesday, I tried looking ahead to next Tuesday morning to set my dvr to record it and neither Workin on the Railroad or RC Hobbies are listed. I just checked on the next two weeks, and it appears that DIY has taken the program off in favor of a bunch of craft and sewing shows.
Ya know Russ, you're right. I just checked and my DVR is set to record an epidsode of This Old House in its place. I can't see ahead a week from Tuesday right now, but I should by tomorrow. My Dish DVR only looks at about nine days but I did a search so it's not on at another time right now either...

Burger

Dec 12, 2006
Thanks guys! I guess that's why I couldn't find it when I tried searching for it on Dish. Has anybody asked DIY why they are not running it anymore? Just my luck... I was going to watch them with my boy (who just happened to get his first HO set from Santa) to get his imagination throttled up. Can anybody recommend some good videos out there that an eight year old would appreciate and learn from? Thanks again

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
Okay, I havent found out what network this is on. I mean channel network (USA, TNT, MTV, etc)???????

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We get it on Dish satellite, but I think our local cable has it as well.

I'll keep an eye open and let you know if it comes back on. Let's hope with a few new episodes.