Show me your switch stands!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RidgeRunner, Nov 21, 2006.

1. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Member

Trying to decide on a switch stand. I'd like to see pics of them installed in your layouts.

What I'm looking for is something very realistic and operating in HO. I'm willing to do significant work for something "right".

So post a pic of your switch stands, and tell me about 'em. :)
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Alder models made some fine looking operational switch stands in HO and O. They were bought out by a few years ago. Unfortunately SCM is on hiatus, so things aren't readily available.

3. KCS

KCS Member

Try here: They make a nice looking HO switch machine in plastic that's operational. I think you can but I am not for sure if you can order just the detail kit rather than an entire switch. they even have prototype throw bars too!
  4. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

5. railohio

railohio Active Member

I do believe that's quite a demand to make for someone who hasn't shown us much of his yet. :D
  6. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Member

Silly Schmidty... I'd show ya what I've got, but uhh... it's the wire spring from a Circuitron Tortoise poking through the throw rod. :)

Now what I want in a switch stand is something to replace the machine... ie, move a lever on the switch stand to actuate the turnout.