Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by jrts, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Had ago at Nobi's Tucano while waitting for glue to dry on other models :roll:

So far the only problem it has is the wing spar hole is in the wrong place.
    If you are going to build this I would lay the wing ribs on top of the markings for the rib and cut the slot using the spar slot as a template!!
    As the first photo shows I did not do this so I had to hack it out again :roll:
    Other than this it has gone together great, all other bits so far fit like a glove.
  2. jrts

jrts Active Member

I will finish this tonight while waitting for glue to dry on other projects

3. Falcon

Falcon Member

Thank you very much for the tip !

Regards: Falcon
  4. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

A little bit more done, but one word don't leave your model while the kids are around.
    You could come back and find they have started to colour it in for you :lol:
    Also I had my copy of a PBY Cat out to see what extras it needed to do the build and they had the plastic cover off with pen about to strike:shock: :shock:

More later

5. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Had a bit of time so done some more!

An idea if you build this would be to get the canopy on as soon as possible in to the build. So you can get your fingers inside the body, I found that using any presure to the sides of the body makes them bend inwards making it a pain to fit the canopy right.

All thats left to do now is the wheels and prop, I shall do these tomorrow.
    To get to this stage has taken four and a half hours, not including the laminating of the formers!!

Its been fun to do so far another fine little bird from Nobi.

More tomorrow

6. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Rob

Good looking model yet again and quick too.

When I look at planes like this I can't help feeling they would look better with a transparent conopy even if there was no detail in the cockpit. Mind you that's a bit of a laugh when I cannot even make a mould for one. Just a thought

7. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hmmmm a canopy!!

I have a few types of clear plastic sheet, might be intresting to see what can be done AHHHHH, another idea I've got to stop this :lol:
    The old ships will never get finished at this rate :lol:
  8. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Nearly finished just the front wheel, prop blades and the exhaust to do.
    I used a black marker pen for the edges and its funny in the photos it shows up as if some of the edges are white and some black bits show as the wrong shade, but with out the flash none of this shows at all :?
    Except for the wing root I have had no problems at all with this, everything else fitted like a glove.

All good fun

I will put the rest of the bits on tomorrow now as its 3am here :roll:

9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Well this one is done :roll:
    A little tip, don't forget to weight the nose I DID
    It pays to remember the wheel is at the front :lol:
    In the end I had to cut the spinner off and put some weight in :oops:
    Glued it back on and the four prop blades will go on when its dry.

Cracker little model Nobi and thanks again

10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Rob,

Your welcome. im glad that u happy with my model.

Great build as usual...i really enjoy your progress build. look forward to see your build of my next model ;)
  11. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Nobi

My printer is at work now doing your Tempest model, I will do a build on that tonight.

Its us lot that is lucky to have you around mate.

Keep up with the great models

Look forward to your next work of art