Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by bfam4t6, Aug 26, 2004.

1. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

This kind of makes my feel like a woman because I have a girlfriend who is also constantly shopping for new things, but last night I went on a little shopping spree myself and purchased the following kits. :lol:

-B-17 published by GPM/as well as the Gomix canopies

-TBM-3 Avenger published by GPM

-TS-8 Bies pulished by GPM

-F7F Tigercat published by Fly Model

-Su-25 Published by Fly Model

-Su-22 published by Maly Modelarz

-Nakajima B5N2 Kate published by Maly Modelarz

-F6F-3 Hellcat published by Halinski

As you can see I've got quite a few to choose from :D . So as soon as I get them in the mail and decide which one to build first, I plan on posting pictures showing my current progress.
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

Go for it!!!! And we would love having you post a build review once you get done. :D
  3. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

I Am envious, but I have a few questions.
    1) Let me know when you get these gems.
    2) What is your address?
    3) When will you most likely NOT be home?

Jim Nunn
  4. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

hehehe. I suspect a THEIF! No! They are all mine...MINE :twisted: lol

Also, I will surely post build reviews when I finish a kit, along with updates regarding problems or what not along the way as I build it.
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Does your girlfriend know about this? She may be in trouble....,

Best, Gil
  6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

No problem, just put all the kits in one big polythene bag and tell her it is one big kit.

Much easier than trying to get three Tamiya F4U Corsair kits into one box. Not that I would ever try such a trick, Oh no......

Tim P
  7. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

A friend of mine succesfully did such a thing with several of his plastic kits. At least untill they had to move and the cat was out of the bag - boy, his wife went ballistic...................
  8. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Boy, NOT me. I have plastic piled to the rafters in the garage :oops: (The VALUABLE paper kits are in the spare bedroom :wink:) No comments from my better half either, in fact she often asks me if I need another kit. That's her justification for scrapbooking, beanies, Lilo and Stitch stuff, and now Coke... :lol:

Hey, we all have our vices. At least ours coexist peacfully...until we run out of room :wink:

I think I need to sell some plastic :?

9. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

You might want to clarify the "Coke" reference - if we are speaking of expensive habits - he he
  10. Huey

Huey Member

Well, I'm going home for a much needed R&R tomorrow, I just don't know how I will explain to my wife my new found hobby once she sees it :shock: . Oh well, I know my son will enjoy this, printed a bunch of soft copy (or digital) models for me to build for him :D. I know, I'll tell her that this will be a good school project when he starts going to school next year, yeah that will work....I think :roll:
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Huey...enjoy your R&R! Mabuhay my friend!
  12. Huey

Huey Member

Thank you very much my friend :D, my very first friend in this forum. I'll surely enjoy my R&R :D, may have to swing by the old "Airforce" base to hook up with a friend conducting some tactical driving course and get a Kevlar helmet that will fit my head! Thanks.

13. barry

barry Active Member

I hope by the time you hook to cardmodels again you are well on your way home for a long time. Glad you made it.

14. Huey

Huey Member

Thanks, its just a short R&R and I'll be back online in two weeks time in the middle of nowhere here in Afghanistan. is my "comfort zone" at the end of the day.

15. Darwin

Darwin Member

It does help to have an understanding wife. The silo is full of crates of plastic, the shed full of balsa kits, the storage room is filled with vintage computer good stuff, and the basement with the overflow plastic (just the car models), and a three foot tall stack of paper. COME ON RETIREMENT....I'M READY FOR YOU!!!! Speaking of shopping spree, for some reason my Ebay bids all came through....I may be writing my obituary if the mailman brings them all on the same day. My cup runneth over with Wilhelmshaven kits....the USS San Francisco, the Lutzow, the Nurnberg.....and wonder of wonders, the USS Forrestal. Life is sweet.