Shooting Turkey Gap

Tyson Rayles

on my n-scale Nantahala Midland. The gap so named for the flocks of wild turkeys seen there on a reg. basis.

Attachments

• turkey gap.jpg
    turkey gap.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 142

interurban

Hi Tyson, that is one darn good shot,
hard to believe it`s N gauge :p
The scenery is awsome:cool:

Are you going to show some more :)
OO and where `s the turkey??:eek:

Vic

Another great photo my man!:) I been sorta waiting for a new one:D Seeing as how that's Turkey Gap I'm sure that the train crew does not go for want around Thanksgiving and Christmas:D :D :D

Dog-gone-it Tyson!! you dun went and did it again :eek: :eek:
A super photo with a startling depth-of-field ... How DOOOO you do it? ... surely not with a digital camera? :confused: :confused:

Wait a sec! ... It was a film camera on a "B" shutter setting. I can tell coz the turkeys flew right over before the shutter closed! :D :D

You've also got a photogenic layout, great work.

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Thanks folks :) , Errol it is a digital camera (cheap one no less). If you look close you will see the very front of the loco is a tad fuzzy. A higher $$$$$ camera would solve that. The trees in the background along with the sky is a photo I stuck there so you couldn't tell I still don't have any trees on "great stuff foam" mtn. that you would normally see :D ! interurban the sound and vibration from the loco clears the turkeys out 15 min. before the train gets there! :rolleyes:

Really nice shot and modeling Tyson.

So thats what it take to move them birds. I've got a non mufflerd beetle But it don't seem to phase them. I still have to stop and wait for them to cross the road in single file.:rolleyes:

I don't blow my horn at 'em as that would be rude. :D

t.

jon-monon

Never seen onea them shootin' turkeys. What kinda piece they pack? :D :D :D

Pretty kewl, Ty. Hope ebberthins OK at the Doc.

Tyson... what a beautifully conceived photo! Once again, you've brought it all together: the model, the scenery, the composition, the whole nine yards. Outstanding! :cool: :)

[Now about this wild turkey business... is that the bottled variety or the flying variety? ;) :D :D :D :D :D ]

jon-monon

Ah, now I get it, the other kinda shooting. Shots. I guess shooting turkey gap is where the engineer takes his shot of wild turkey so he will have the nerve to try and make it up and over the pass? :D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Tyson,
Excellent scenery and photo, I like the setting.
Shamus
wink.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Tyson,
Loookinn' gooooodd! I can see you've been busy.:D :D

So....what?... No N scale turkeys?

Ralph,
I'm sure there are! They're just not here on the gauge.. :D :D :D :D :D

Like,, I'm supposed to resist THAT opportunity!!!???????;) ;)
Pete