shock oil

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tnx, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnx

tnx Member

hey guys,

does nebody know how much oil goes into the traxxas big bore shocks?

wud be nice to know, coz im getting them soon, and i prolly wanna get some 60 w oil with um.

hope u can help

Tim
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well I eblive its about 1/4 bottle of oil per shock. Its kinda hard to tell because the shock oil comes in different amounts, im not talking about weigh im talking size of the bottle.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Get silicone shock fluid. what springs are you planning on using the standard that come with them or spend alittle money and get some progressive springs there alittle stiffer, RED
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

if you want something really stiff put savage springs on it. thye will fit. i tried it on my evader but they are probably too stiff
  5. redheat

redheat Member

The stiffest kinda springs out there are a prog. spring ,see they get stiffer as there compressed, there double coiled on the ends thats what makes them diff. from standard springs, RED
  6. tnx

tnx Member

well u might know im ordering at rcboyz.com. so what do u suggest. i was planning on getting trnity extra heavy duty black springs.

how much oz. goes into 1 shock?

Tim
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

dude rcboyz has those progresive rate springs for the savage. i am so getting them. they are like loose on the bottom section for little bumps and then like normal in center and close wound at the top for like the big stuff like jumping and they are onyl like $7 or $8. i saw them in there ebay store
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.