Shipyard module

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
"Basculization" !!!!! I love it! :D Love the pics too! Very neat module in the making.
Ralph

Tyson Rayles

:eek: :eek: :eek: Watch your langauge Pete, no B-words here please! :p :D Is that bridge going to be a working model?????? Looks great so far. :cool: :thumb:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
tyson,
Where the speed of light is so much faster than the speed of sound, I always end up overlooking my language.;) ;) ;)

I have one, so far unbroken rule.............never build a working lift bridge on a portable module....it'll "work" in transit, and there won't be much left of the module!

On my new HO modules, I have a rolling lift that serves my narrow gauge. If I can make the lift section removable, I might break my rule, but only because I'm the only one using the narrow gauge, and can stop my train before the bridge opens. Hehehehe

On the other hand..............:D :D :D
Pete

spitfire

Wow Pete that looks fabulous so far!!! I am in awe of your modelling skills. Would you mind if I added some of your module photos to the Gauge NTRAK site? I think a section showing progress shots would be cool!

Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Val,
No problem adding pics to the site, sorry about the last two, I suspect the light wasn't as good as I'd thought.
Pete

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I used a pair of Kato #23-072 plate girder bridges, and I'm scratbuilding the rolling lift mechanism for them. I had to move the Bascule bridge out of the way to shoot this pic. This bridge will be somewhat hidden by the bigger bridge, when they are permanently installed. This is a progress shot of the rolling lift bridge.

Attachments

• rolllift1.jpg
    rolllift1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 98