Shipyard 1:96 Dutch Yacht

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy,

I just wanted to tell ya "nice site" salt. I am encouraging another friend of mine into attempting paper models and his interests are leaning towards old ships.
anyway, Just wanted to tell ya it looks good.

Greg aka GW

Tirta

OldSalt said:
One disappointment in the booklet is the absence of photos of the completed models. The photos are all of wooden (museum style) models which are quite exquisite, but I would like to have seen the paper model in a completed state.

Hi OldSalt,

You are right on the spot!

Infact I never see pictures of Shipyard kits using only paper.
The ship on their cover, as you pointed out, is a fake, always made from wood or at least covered with wood parts.

I hope, with their new kits, they can be sincere and show the actual finished kit made from paper only.

Does anybody know if there are pictures of Shipyard kits made from paper only, on the net?

Regards,

Tirta

Tirta

OldSalt said:
One disappointment in the booklet is the absence of photos of the completed models. The photos are all of wooden (museum style) models which are quite exquisite, but I would like to have seen the paper model in a completed state.

Hi OldSalt,

You are right on the spot!

Infact I never see pictures of Shipyard kits using only paper.
The ship on their cover, as you pointed out, is a fake, always made from wood or at least covered with wood parts.

I hope, with their new kits, they can be sincere and show the actual finished kit made from paper only.

Does anybody know if there are pictures of Shipyard kits made from paper only, on the net?

Regards,

Tirta

jerry_bee

hello there,
it's my first post here, so I'd like to introduce myself a bit. after long period (like many here..) I've got back to an old hobby. now I build a model of hanseatic hulk, based on Mr Winter's plans. it hardly can be called a cardboard model - there're a lot of other, sometimes strange, stuff. polish story of making it (even with pictures!) you can see here or there.
it's my second attempt on a sail ship, the first was 'Wodnik' ('Meerman'), from 'Maly Modelarz'.
I keep on watching this topic, because I also intend to build a dutch yacht. initially, it was to be the 'Shipyard' model, then I've re-adjusted my interest and now I'm planning a classic wooden model. but still 'Shipyard' seems to be a good source of ideas, especially its hand-book on sail-ship modelling.
now, back to the topic. there're a few quite good samples of pure cardboard 'Shipyard' models. have a look at Granado or Endeavor. there were other models, but the two have survived server disaster, ie. almost all pictures were lost. despite of polish text, there're quite a lot of excellent pictures, I think it could be very interesting for you.

regards, jerry_bee

jerry_bee

hello there,
it's my first post here, so I'd like to introduce myself a bit. after long period (like many here..) I've got back to an old hobby. now I build a model of hanseatic hulk, based on Mr Winter's plans. it hardly can be called a cardboard model - there're a lot of other, sometimes strange, stuff. polish story of making it (even with pictures!) you can see here or there.
it's my second attempt on a sail ship, the first was 'Wodnik' ('Meerman'), from 'Maly Modelarz'.
I keep on watching this topic, because I also intend to build a dutch yacht. initially, it was to be the 'Shipyard' model, then I've re-adjusted my interest and now I'm planning a classic wooden model. but still 'Shipyard' seems to be a good source of ideas, especially its hand-book on sail-ship modelling.
now, back to the topic. there're a few quite good samples of pure cardboard 'Shipyard' models. have a look at Granado or Endeavor. there were other models, but the two have survived server disaster, ie. almost all pictures were lost. despite of polish text, there're quite a lot of excellent pictures, I think it could be very interesting for you.

regards, jerry_bee

Tirta

jerry_bee said:

regards, jerry_bee

Hello jerry_bee,

Welcome abroad.
Those are nice threads of Shipyard models, do you have others?
Please let us know.

Best regards,

Tirta

Tirta

jerry_bee said:

regards, jerry_bee

Hello jerry_bee,

Welcome abroad.
Those are nice threads of Shipyard models, do you have others?
Please let us know.

Best regards,

Tirta

jerry_bee

hello,
as I mentioned earlier almost all pictures had disappeared several weeks ago and reading threads in polish isn't too exciting, I think. but there're also other fine publishers. check out these threads: Wodnik (Meerman) and Santa Maria by 'Maly Modelarz', Kruzenstern by 'Fly Model' (this one seems to be the best of bests, I mean the model), Dar Mlodziezy by 'GPM'. you can also check these photo galleries of 'Shipyard' models: shebec and Le Courieur.

in common opinion 'Shipyard' is considered to be for advanced users and this is why the models are more 'composite', made not only of paper. models by young Mr. Klyszynski (son of publisher) can be - in general - made of paper, with extensive use of other materials, I don't think it's a fault. besides, you cannot have paper sails, wooden masts look better than paper ones. you can buy some accessoires, mostly wooden masts, blocks, brass cannons etc., some specially designed for 'Shipyard' models.

regards, jerry_bee

p.s. now it's a good time to start learning polish... ;)

jerry_bee

hello,
as I mentioned earlier almost all pictures had disappeared several weeks ago and reading threads in polish isn't too exciting, I think. but there're also other fine publishers. check out these threads: Wodnik (Meerman) and Santa Maria by 'Maly Modelarz', Kruzenstern by 'Fly Model' (this one seems to be the best of bests, I mean the model), Dar Mlodziezy by 'GPM'. you can also check these photo galleries of 'Shipyard' models: shebec and Le Courieur.

in common opinion 'Shipyard' is considered to be for advanced users and this is why the models are more 'composite', made not only of paper. models by young Mr. Klyszynski (son of publisher) can be - in general - made of paper, with extensive use of other materials, I don't think it's a fault. besides, you cannot have paper sails, wooden masts look better than paper ones. you can buy some accessoires, mostly wooden masts, blocks, brass cannons etc., some specially designed for 'Shipyard' models.

regards, jerry_bee

p.s. now it's a good time to start learning polish... ;)

Tirta

Hi Jerry Bee,

Thanks for more links.

Do you know some internet stores who sells Shipyard accessories?

Regards,

Tirta

Tirta

Hi Jerry Bee,

Thanks for more links.

Do you know some internet stores who sells Shipyard accessories?

Regards,

Tirta