Shipping policy change at GreMir Models

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by shoki2000, Jul 18, 2007.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Due to recent instances of stolen credit card numbers being used to purchase models, all new Customers MUST purchase a CD version. To minimize costs, all purchased models will be sent on one CD. Returning Customers will be unaffected by this policy and can still order downloadable models.
    I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I am certainly not a new customer so I am unaffected by this development.
    I certainly understand why the change was implemented.

For the purpose of clarification, after a new customer buys a model on CD, will they then be eligible for downloading future purchases?

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

After their identity is confirmed - CD delivered to address listed with PayPal and models are registered - they will be considered as returning customers for the next purchase.

Thanks Russell - I forgot about this.
  4. I need a Pin up girl. . .

In a perfect world where I am emperor, all criminals will be sent to congress....never mind we are already doing thatwall1

Shoki it's an inconvenience yes, but unfortunately you have to do it! Thank god I am already a pain in the butt customer...:)
  5. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

It is not that bad - it only ads $5 to the first purchase...

I really wish I wouldn't have to do anything like that but I have no choice....
  6. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Wow, getting stuff from pirate sites isn't enough for some folks, eh? They have to rip you off with stolen credit cards too!

Hey, I wonder if it's the guys who run the pirate sites that are doing that too. Maybe that's how they get new stuff to offer on their sites.

Would be really cool if you could somehow work with law enforcement to get them thrown in jail. Probably not going to happen though.

And then you're honest customers end up getting inconvenienced too. And, not just for the shipping, theft and piracy hurts everyone.
  7. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I don't think that whoever uses stolen credit card number would use his/her own name and address since this could be tracked.
    It works for the downloadable models but I'm trying to put an end to that and prevent it in the future.
    We could work in the law but how we supposed to enforce it overseas?
    I don't have the money to pursue it privately and the government will not bother about issue like that......
    We are on our won if we want to protect ourselves...
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Sounds like a very minor inconvenience to me. I used to work in e-commerce, so I definitely understand how hard it is to avoid fraudulent purchases. You're just protecting yourself and your customers.

Good, simple idea...
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Another option could be to limit first time purchases to one model only until verification is complete.
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

No, I still would loose if you think about download. Remember that those people know when the statements are coming and how much time they will have to do their dirty work.
    First purchase was made on 5/16, and the chargeback was initiated after the guy got his statement on 6/22
    Second purchase was made on 5/27 and chargeback initiated on 5/17.
    The only way of protection promissing any real hope is sending a CD with delivery confiramtion to physical address.
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Good point - just trying to brainstorm ideas for ya :)
  12. I need a Pin up girl. . .

out of curiosity, I recieved email from the thread with sellers beware! Supposedly the guy that there was issue with? I can't back to that thread? I know it's none of my buisness, but I was just wondering, Whats going on. Someone feel free to tell me to but out. . .won't hurt my feelings. . .
  13. Peter T Davis

We decided to remove the thread, it contained personal info about people who were innocent victims.
  14. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Peter Thanks!
    Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back!
    Cute kid in the avatar. How old? Mine is six. . .Thanx for all the work, I love this little bit of paper paradise....:wave:
  15. Peter T Davis

It's an old pic, the boy in the photo is 5 years now. That was just the last time I got him to sit still long enough to take a photo with me. ;)
  16. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I'm happy to announce that shipping policy has been returned to more friendlier option and obligatory CD purchase for new customers was deleted.
    There are some changes, though.
    If customer chooses a CD, all models will be included on one CD.

All purchases over $50 will be delivered on a CD, free of charge.