Shinn Idustrial Mining Co. #4

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
SIM Co.'s got a new engine in the property, but in bad need of a rebuild. I'm commissioning you guys here at the gauge for advice on how to approach my first engine re-build.

My intention is to completely alter the locomotive cosmetically, while leaving the (working) mechanical mechinism intact.

It was built for SIM about four years ago by Model Power. It's a 0-4-0T, look it up on model power's website.

To Ray- Have you dealt with this engine before? Have any of you re-built this tiny lokey?

Train Clown? anybody?

Any suggestions?

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
Yes..here is the builder's photo...in The middle is it's current state (molded-on details removed)...and the bottom shows the same treatment done to the ungainly oil bunder at the rear as well.

Attachments

• 0-4-0T.JPG
    0-4-0T.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 0-4-0T2.JPG
    0-4-0T2.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 0-4-0T3.JPG
    0-4-0T3.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 211

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
It looks as if there's plenty of space for exra weight...that should drastically improve performance with this already good puller, but what should I use as weights? (they'd go in the side tanks and in the oil bunker at rear, also in the boiler, theres tons of space for wieght! :D

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
...uh oh, and the fireman looks like he knocked out the engineer!! (in gray) looks like we have a mystery on our hands....! sign1

Much Thanks goes out to shaygetz for sending me detial parts to get this project "back on track!" :D Thank you! :)