Shin Musha Gundam - My first design

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by ogroto, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ogroto

ogroto New Member

Hi everyone, im new round here, i have registered a while agoe but im posting now...

I have only built 3 papercrafts, the most complex by now, the Rx 93 Hi nu.
    And as the gundam models seem to be hard to find, i decided to star building this one.

I have no IDEA at all of 3d design, and i wanna say thanks to Rob who taught me a lot of things.

ANYkind of help is appreciatted.

By the way , im from argentina.
    Anyone who wants to add me, msn:

Hope you like this awesome gundam ... i will try to keep building as im busy with university

Attached Files:

2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hello again. :)

Great start there buddy. I can't wait to see those shoulders!!! They look awesome on this Gundam design. I love this Gundam as I mentioned earlierin Robs thread.

If I can be of assistance, I'll be glad to help.
  3. ogroto

ogroto New Member

thanks skup.

you know, i did the shoulders...
    but mi O.S. crashed and i could only recover this previous file...!!!
    anyway, i think my techniques are improveing hehe
  4. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey man they are improving and your more than welcome if you need any help all you need to do is ask and if i can ill help ya same with most people on here.
    all the best keep going.
  5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Welcome Ogroto!
    The design looks fabulous! Can't wait for the rest!
  6. rlc321

hey man any updates i am looking forward to seeing this model
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice design!! Keep going Ogroto!
  8. ogroto

ogroto New Member

a little update

a little update on shoulders. i think the previous version i did was better looking, but i lost them when the O.S. crashed...

anyway, i think they are still too fat, and those golden pipes are killin me...
    advices are welcomed :thumb:

see you soon

Attached Files:

9. Master-Bruce

It's a great start ogroto. Though the shoulders look a little flat, they have more of a curved sort of sloping to them.

See if this helps?

You're doing a great job on this, I can't wait to see more and one day build it. I think I mentioned it before but this is one of my favourites.
  10. rlc321

hey ogroto how things the model is lookinmg super mate i agree with skip the shoulders could do with a little rounding. as for the pipes if tou use primitives to make a pipe then segment it you should be able to move each individual segment to your wishes, its not much help but there is bound to be someone onhere who could help better. its looking real good though so keep it up.
  11. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Hey Ogroto, the model looks mighty fine! First thing I noticed looking at the pic was the pipes and thought to myself "that's nice and different"! They are a schlep to do, but done right will make this model a masterpiece! Good luck, with the rest mate!
  12. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Hey ogroto...I'm an Inventor and Alibre user in industry...if we have ever had to make a shape similar to those pipes, we make a path for a circle to follow, and then "sweep" the circle along that path...hence a pipe. I don't know what software you are using, or if that helps...but I thought I would try...move on to another section if you are getting frustrated with the pipes wall1...come back to it later.:thumb:
  13. ogroto

ogroto New Member

hi everyone, i have done something during this days... just a little update.
    the pipes kill me. and unfolding them with pepakura designer, they look UNBELIAVABLE complicated to paste. so i dont know what to do! but i could design one, wich got me really pleased with the result. The first one i have done, are much worse than the shoulder one.

so keep coming on advices!
    and sorry for my bad english haha sign1

Attached Files:

14. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

-.- Don't even! I don't care if you're a beginner, or unexperienced, THIS IS EPIC. YOU ARE AMAZING! I wish I had your skills ^.^
  15. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

welcome Ogroto!
  16. Master-Bruce

Well I think you're doing agreat Job I really do! As for the piping, I'd leave it as is. The hardcore papermodel builder out there can then build them and stay true the the wole "paper" model thing.

Others though who may lack skillor experience in building cimplex curved shapes like this can substitute paper for electrical wire. Bending it into shape and gluing into place.

Don't give up and don't doubt yourself. ;) The Musha is a highly detailed Gundam and you're doing it justice so far. :)

Looking forward to seeing more.
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I agree with Skip, those tubes are as fine as it is, sweeping along a curve would make the part un-unfoldable... (Not sure if Meta even has this function or not...) :D
  18. ogroto

ogroto New Member

well thank you guys. i really aprecciate the support. which is almost all the motivation i need, cause right now there is no other things or stuff to be motivated with.

i leave another update, im pretty motivated today hehe.
    any comments are welcomed! mostly about proportions... :p

Attached Files:

19. Master-Bruce

Lookin really great ogroto!! :) Like I said, the Musha's one of my fav Gundam designs.

One concern though, and it's minor. The symbol on his chest, that would be tricky to build as a 3D object by the looks of it. May be better to have that as a flat plate??

The waist armour is looking grat buddy. ;)
  20. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

just remember that paper has thickness with it, not like surface/ face/ mesh in 3d programs that don't has.
    Think of it when design any paper model.