She's back......

Diesel John

CPR Empress

Steam excursions and the Grand Opening of the Canadian Museum of Rail Travel

Three excursions on our steam train, hauled by CPR Empress locomotive 2816, will offer employees a chance to ride the rails before and after the gala events planned at the Canadian Museum of Rail Travel in Cranbrook, B.C., on September 3 & 4, and the formal dedication of the revitalized downtown and Canadian Pacific Station Square in Fernie, B.C., on September 5.

Excursion No. 1 - September 2, 2004

Leaving Odgen Rail Yard at 8 a.m.
Arrive Crowsnest at 4:30 p.m.
Leave Crowsnest on coach bus at 5 p.m.
Arrive Odgen Rail Yard at 8 p.m.(approximately)

Employees: $275
General public: $375

Fares include box lunch and return coach bus to Odgen Yard. Other snacks and light refreshments, as well as Station 29 products, will be on sale on board the train.

Excursion No: 2 - September 5, 2004
Leave Fernie at 3 p.m.MT
Arrive Kipp Rail Yard at 8:30 (approximately)

Employees: $100
General public: $130

No return transportation supplied. Snacks and light refreshments, as well as Station 29 products, will be on sale on board the train.

Excursion No 3 - September 6, 2004
Leave Okotoks at 5 p.m.
Arrive Odgen Rail Yard 6 p.m.

Employees: $37.50
General public: $50

No return transportation supplied. Snacks and light refreshments, as well as Station 29 products, will be on sale on board the train.

Reservations for these excursions can be made by calling Station 29 Store at 403-837-0133. All reservations are non-refundable and must be paid for in advance using Visa or Mastercard.

OwenCPR

John,

Can you answer a couple of ??? for me?

I am travelling down to Wasa Lake (just north of Cranbrook) on Thursday until Sunday. I looked up the Rail Museum in Cranbrook on the Web and planned to visit. Is it open already and does the dedication refer to Fernie and not Cranbrook? (I am assuming that Cranbrook is open already!)

Also, as I live in Okotoks, do you have anymore info as to the arrival of the CPR Empress on Sept 6? I have been fortunate to have had a close up look at 2816 at Ogden through a CPR contact and would like to take a few more pics of it here in Okotoks!

Thanks

Diesel John

OwenCPR

As I'm in Toronto Ontario I don't have much info. If you go to our Website www.cpr.ca you'll find some more information.

Hope you get a chance to see her,I rode her last year it was like being in an old movie.