Sheep glue

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by dhutch, Feb 22, 2005.

1. dhutch

dhutch Member

While i was at my cosins house over the weekend, they gave me some [peco model sheep for mu N-gauge layout (10sheep and 4 lambs to be presise)

I want to "fit" them, but i dont know how i should attach them!
    - would CA (cynolacrilate) supperglue be the best?
    - Its just there soo small, and i dont want the glue to show (but i dont want them to fall off eather)

they will be "fitted" to the hill, which is fine scatter on a Papier Mâchè shell. (if that help)

2. guppyman

guppyman Member

You could always glue a small pin to the bottom of them.... then just poke em in where you want them.
  3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

If you look at my photo is the Feb. photo contest, my sheep are held with Woodland Scenics Accent Glue. This a a kind of rubber cement that holds but can be taken up and re-used.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

The WS glues work good for figures, as David states. CAing a pin to the bottom is probably a good, cheap alternative for a foam based layout. I like that Idea. I'm gunna try it!
  5. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

N scale sheep? They must be about the size of a grain of rice!
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I am finding that the Accent Glue does not hold to surfaces covered with ground foam -- the foam comes off. I have to dig down to the base. As well, some paints on plastic (plastic foam) are not as strong as the glue.
    In the scene I showed, the road is a sandy material made solid with WS Scenic Cement or Acrylic Matt Medium.
  7. dhutch

dhutch Member

Yes, and the lambs are smaller!!

- I like guppys idea, especially if it had been a foam based hill

- Or the removable rubber glue

thanks guys
  8. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

If they are the right size and are far enough away from the viewing point to be unable to detect details, couldn't you use grains of rice? Or would you just have people letting you know that someone spilled rice on your layout. :D :D :D
  9. dhutch

dhutch Member

Yeah, i guess all i need is some grains of rice with legs and heads :thumb: